Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Snow!

Today we got our first official snow in Cedar City! :D


Joshua playing before school


It's good sticky snow.  Benji made a good snowball.



Jill played for a few minutes and then her hands got cold.  She kept saying, "Wash it!  Wash it!"  So we went inside and made cocoa. :) I was kind of relieved that Timmy was sleeping.  He's not used to walking in shoes yet, and I can only imagine how frustrated he'd get trying to walk in shoes in the snow.


I keep thinking of that song from The Music Man: "We've got trouble right here in River City - with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pool!"  It's really fun to have this first snow, but on the other hand, I know that we're in for a long winter and lots of snow.  I'm sad to think that it's ever going to be not fun.  The best I can hope for is that it'll just be ho hum instead of dreadful. :D But I can't help feeling that we've got trouble.  We're in for it.  We don't know much about living in the snow, even if I did grow up where we got snow.  It's different when you are the parent and when you're out driving in it and trying to figure out how to suit everybody up.  We don't have a single pair of snow boots.  Time for me to get busy - oh, and have a bunch of money to do it. ;)

But for now I'm enjoying this.  That cocoa I made this morning was yummy.  Jeremy took some with him in his insulated cup.  I should get him a thermos.  That cup kind of leaks.  What can you expect from a freebie? ;) It pleased me when after one cup of cocoa this morning he said, "I'm going to need to take that pot of cocoa with me."  I guess I did good. :)

I do want to apologize for slacking on this blog.  I've been lacking motivation to write because I want this to be where I record the happy things in our lives, and I didn't want to dirty it up with anything other than happiness.  The last couple of weeks have been pretty stressful around here and I'm afraid I've grouched a lot.  I've been really tired and can never seem to get caught up on sleep.  I sleep backwards on the very edge of the bed with my pillow falling off the foot of the bed.  I do this because I have to nurse Timmy laying in bed in the night, so I just get him going and fall back asleep.  However, it's not the most comfortable way to sleep.  My neck has been funny.  Maybe the problem is that I struggle to hold the pillow on the bed with my head all night. ;) Just kidding.  My back has been sore after sleeping that way too.  I just don't think I've been getting quality sleep with 2 wiggly kiddos taking up the whole bed.  I'm sure Jeremy hasn't either.

Well, anyway, that's some of the trouble with a capital T we've been dealing with.  I've been thinking of weaning Timmy because of it.  But there's been a lot going on period and the changing seasons kind of wiped us out.  But things are looking up now.  Maybe I'll be better about blogging for a while.

Hooray for snow! :D

No comments: