For the last couple of days I've been going through a billion pictures and posting on the old blog. Is it the fact that I just went to the Temple on Tuesday? Or is it the fact that I took Excedrin this morning for a horrid headache? Either way, I am feeling incredibly blessed. I know that I don't always recognize how blessed I am, but every now and then the little things just suddenly get to me and I feel so thankful. My life is full of happy children, and my computer is full of happy pictures of those happy children. It is all more than I can grasp at or explain. But at this point in time, I am very happy and thankful. :)
Yesterday was a really busy day. I spent the morning cleaning and working on pictures. When the boys got home from school I finished cleaning and made cookies for scouts. Then I spent a little time with Jeremy while he was home for a bit. Then we hurried off to scouts - me with all six of the children. Then I hurried and made pizza dough, threw it in the fridge, threw on a dress, and dashed off to the church for my Temple Recommend interview. After that I made pizza while Jill (who had decided she didn't need clothes) stood at the sink "helping." She got a rag really, really wet and scrubbed and scrubbed a butter knife. Then she tried to scrub down the cabinet doors with the same very wet rag. The floor was soaked and so were the cabinet doors. I could have been annoyed, but this is just another instance where she was honestly trying to help me, and I was thankful. It was a really busy day, but it was filled with goodness.
At my interview our good bishop chatted with me about Jeremy's upcoming trip to Paris. He made me promise a few times that I would ask for help when I need it ("because you're going to need it! You're going to need some breaks!"). He told me to not forget that he has a ward family here with plenty of people who are happy to help. I told him I had just been realizing on the trip over there that I'm going to need to be sure to get to the Temple, so I'll need to find help to do that. He said, "Yes. Definitely. You be sure to do that." He also counseled me to study the two roles of our Savior listed in one of the questions he asked me: Savior and Redeemer. He said it's not required (of course), but that he's been studying that very thing and has been very blessed in doing so. It's nice to have an assignment. And I'm looking forward to being set apart on Sunday. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment