Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fired

I think moms all over the US will agree that whoever designed the packaging for Apples to Apples is FIRED.  If the kids even shift the package, every single card falls out, and that gives me a lovely 20-minute session of putting all the cards right in the back slot.  I'd throw it away, but it's a good game.

And know who else is fired?  Whoever designs packaging for tents and stuff.  I never can squish any of it small enough to go back in the bag without plenty of grunting and struggling.

And Jill is also fired.  Know why?  Today I took her and Timmy with me to go to the Post Office to mail a package to Jeremy.  I put Timmy in his stroller, and Jill was all excited to push him around.  She loves looking at all the things for sale in the store side of the Post Office.  But usually she just pulls the reusable shopping bags off the wall and puts stuffed animals in them.  No biggy.  Well, today as I was filling out the customs ticket and getting everything all set with the package, Jill disappeared with the sleeping Timmy in his stroller.  I hurried and finished up and then went looking for her.  I found her over by the wall of greeting cards.  I noticed that she'd taken one of those shopping bags and put it on the handle of the stroller.  Then I noticed there was something in it.  And I'm sure you guessed it - she'd taken entire stacks of cards out of the display and dumped them all together in the bag.  Silly girl!  I tried and tried to figure out which envelopes went with which cards and where each stack went, but I finally ended up giving up.  But I did get a good laugh out of it.  Oh, Jill!

1 comment:

Elynn said...

Rubber bands are great inventions! But Jill can probably take them off, huh?