Anyway, Moroni taught me a good lesson today, and I wanted to hurry and record it. Maybe it's another tool to add to my toolbox. I am almost done reading the Book of Mormon today, so I was reading Moroni chapter 7. Near the end, here's what he says:
"Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."
Did you see that? All things must fail! I always took it to mean that everything that's part of this earth life is going to someday fall away and all that will be left is love. I think it does mean that, but today, for me, it means that it's ok to fail. It says right here in the scriptures that everything "MUST fail." We are told that we can't be perfect in this life. It's just not possible. But we are perfected as we pass through this life and make right our failures and learn from them. So failing is good for us. And also, when everything else in our lives is failing, there is always charity, the love that Christ feels for us. Therefore, it would seem to me that all else that is not charity is of little consequence. So maybe instead of worrying about failure I should be using my energy on love. That is a lovely principle. I will try that. :)
2 comments:
Dear Christine,
I LOVE THIS POST!!! I love your insight into Charity. I need to focus my energy on that too! I love Moroni 7, but I never looked at that verse that way before. Thanks for sharing that!
I was thinking the other day that everything changes. EVERYTHING. Nothing stays solid, except the Lord, he never changes and that's why we need to center our lives in Him and build on His Rock, then we can't fall!
Wow. What a great insight. Thanks. It has been a while since I have read any blogs. I really miss yours. I hope you are happy with the recent move and all is going well. If you need a sitter so you can go to the temple let me know. Would love to see you again.
Jenny
Post a Comment