Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday

I think Meme Monday is out.  I can't seem to find any meme questions worth answering. :P

I do want to say, though, that my little sister moved to Wisconsin of all places!  (You know.  The place where they say bayg instead of bag.)  It is much too far away!  I'm excited for her to have this adventure, but man!  So far!

And today I started semi-officially homeschooling Jill.  Timmy joined in because he thought it looked fun.  We'll hopefully keep that up.  I'm hoping to ramp up the boys' schooling sometime soon as well.  I am having a problem, though, because we're running out of money and I need to buy a book that's supposed to tell me what to do for the next step in Thomas Jefferson Education.  Argh!  Well, we'll figure it out.

As far as jobs go, Jeremy applied for a job at the mine as per his old supervisor's suggestion, and we should hear something about it tomorrow.  And yesterday we found out about 3 different positions available at SUU, and I believe Jeremy's going to apply for them this week.  We have a friend up there who knows somebody on the hiring board, and that person said they haven't been happy about the pool of applicants they have for one particular job.  So hopefully that will pan out!  I suppose we'll see.  I know that something's supposed to happen, so we're just waiting to see.  If we end up staying here we'll probably go to Cedar City someday.  The mine pays well, and we'd be able to build up a reserve and pay down debts some more, so that would be nice.  It's just kind of scary not having anything lined up for this month.  And one stinky thing about that is that we will have to start filling out a renewal form for DES soon, and everything is so up in the air.  You know how DES goes when things are up in the air?  It goes like crap.  They want proof of everything until you're about to die and then it suddenly goes through.  But I'm hoping that the crap will somehow magically be minimized this time.

And speaking of no money, about a week ago I was in the kitchen talking with Hyrum, and I told him that we needed to be praying to find a way for Joshua and him to pay for scout camp. I told him that Heavenly Father can make it happen.  So we did both prayed.  I think we got our answer yesterday.  At church they pulled Jeremy out of Sunday School and asked him to be in charge of scout camp this year for our ward.  Our scoutmaster just moved, so I guess they needed someone.  And, wonder of wonders, somebody has come forward who will pay for Jeremy, Hyrum, and Joshua to go!  I believe they're going to Camp Raymond again.  It's such a miracle to me!  I'm so thankful!  It sounds like there will only be two other boys going besides our two.  Scout Camp is next week, so we will be scrambling to fill out paperwork and get the physicals done, but thank heavens it's going to happen!  And thank heavens Jeremy will have something to do that week!  It drives him crazy to be home with nothing to do.

The only bummer is that, once again, First Ward decided to do their own thing for Scout Camp, so Aaron and Joe won't be there.  And Joe isn't going to First Ward's camp either.  Ugh.  Oh, well.  I'm just so happy that Hyrum and Joshua can go and that Jeremy can go with them!  Hooray!

And one more thing to be happy about: we just had our family campouts.  The Badger one was last Wednesday through Saturday, and the Burk one was the Wednesday through Saturday before.  They went pretty good!  One thing that I loved that happened at the Badger one: Timmy saw me go in the girl's bathroom, and he tried to open the door and go in too, but he couldn't get it open.  So he went to the other bathroom and took off his pants and sat on the potty! Hooray!  He kept saying he was in the girl's bathroom.  I think he doesn't know about the difference between girls and boys yet.  He just kind of lumps words together.  (Like we have a book about a little elephant that is called Tubby and the Poo-bah.  So when he sees Winnie-the-Pooh he's not Pooh.  He's Poo-bah.  He's very literal like that, just like Joshua used to be.)

No comments: