Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday

Happy day today!  We had a guy come and fix our washer!  It stopped working when Jeremy was at scout camp.  It wouldn't spin.  It turns out that the hose was just clogged.  And Jeremy went and got a bulb for our van's taillight. That fixed not only the fact that the taillight wasn't blinking but the fact that our blinker was blinking fast.  Hooray!  We didn't need blinker fluid after all. ;) And then he went to take apart the boys' room light to see if he could get it working again, and guess what.  The bulb was unscrewed, sitting in the light shade.  What in the world?  Well, that explains things!  We had put a new fan in with a light about a year ago.  It worked good for a few weeks and then the light started flickering any time it was on, and after a while it stopped working at all.  And all that was wrong was that the bulb was unscrewed?!  We figured we'd have to crawl around in the attic and redo some wiring or something.  Whatever it was we figured it would be expensive, and we didn't have the money to fix it.  Well, hallelujah!  I feel silly for not looking all those months ago, but who in the world would have guessed?!

So anyway, less that $50 and we have 3 things working that weren't working before!  Hooray! :D I feel blessed.

2 comments:

Elynn said...

Saturday is a special day!!! Hooray for getting things fixed!!! :)

klutzy k said...

Ha ha! I laughed so hard at the unscrewed lightbulb because I've totally done that! And our fan in the little living room in Pima would shake one of those lightbulbs loose every now and then so it'd flicker and eventually "burn out." Glad I'm not the only one. ;) Also glad the other things got fixed! I love little things like that.