1. Timmy fell off my choir with his head on the joint of my big toe.
2. Timmy dumped out the clean laundry on the floor, and something in my hip screamed out as I tried to clean it up. I spent the next 24 in quite a bit of pain.
3. A second little chunk of filling chipped off of one of my molars.
It never rains but it pours, right?
Well, I think that, contrary to what I originally thought, maybe my toe isn't broken. It doesn't hurt unless I push on it. Sweet!
This afternoon I went to the chiropractor, and she did some stuff. She hooked up some sticky things on me. I imagine they looked something like those sticky things from that heart monitor. She placed them all around where I was hurting and turned it on and added a heat pack. The stickies vibrated. It was such a strange feeling! But after a while it felt nice. And then she did some adjustments and found that my hips are crooked! Well, no wonder since I carry kiddos around all the time. I was so disappointed when I went back to the car hurting just as badly as when I went in. But guess what. Now, a few hours later, I'm feeling a lot better! It still hurts, but hooray! I should be able to sleep tonight! :)
I still have to wait until next week to get my tooth fixed, and I have to go back to the chiropractor a few more times, but I feel quite blessed! :)
Plus, who can feel glum for too long with this guy around? :)

3 comments:
Dear Christine, I'm so sorry you've had a frustrating time. Hope your toe heals and your hip! Glad you are seeing the chiropractor! Hope your insurance covers that! Arizona medical people don't think highly of chiropractors. I do! They really help when you need them! You should be feeling lots better and not have to go again for a while! HOPE! I thought you were our one kid with NO fillings in your teeth! What? AND I love that cute boy too! Did he get a haircut or something? He looks more grown up. :)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I do indeed have fillings. This particular one was done poorly and had to be redone, and it's still never been quite right. I get stuff stuck between those two back teeth pretty regularly. Bummer!
Yes, it does appear that insurance covers the chiropractor. I only had a $15 copay yesterday. Woo!
I honestly have never quite known what to think of chiropractors. I know some people swear the chiropractor just caused more trouble, and others swear they're the best thing ever. When I got an adjustment for the first time it made it so that when I moved my shoulder it would pop. I didn't like that. At least it was temporary! But it's been helpful to Jeremy before, and now it's officially been helpful to me. So I guess I'll just have to decide they are great. :)
Yes, Brom did get his first haircut a couple of weeks ago. It always makes them look so old! I had held off because his hair started to curl, but then it started to now be curly and was just frizzy, so I cut it. It looks great. :)
I've seen several different chiropractors in my time and just like doctors, they all do things differently. I'm learning to tell them what I want like: "Let me lay on that rolly table or have the tingly things until I can relax my muscles." When I'm not handling my stress that's when my back goes out so I know it's mostly mental. Anyway, after my muscles are relaxed then they can adjust my hips easier. You can tell them you don't want them to do your neck or whatever. At home a heating pad for 20 minutes and/or an ice pack alternating every few minutes really helps too. If you don't have a heating pad a towel fresh out of the dryer works (or try the microwave). I love to belly over my exercise ball and just let my vertebrae separate too. Take a few minutes in the mornings to just stretch and relax those muscles! Hope this helps!!! Love you!
Post a Comment