Tonight Timmy was sitting by me at scripture time, and we tried again to have him repeat and "read" a verse. Well, this time he did it! He did a while verse! And when we call roll in the car he often says, "Here!" when his name is called. :) And a few weeks ago he said a prayer on the good with help. He hasn't done it since, but hooray for progress!
Lately, when he wants something, he'll come and say, "Can you have a ________?" Yeah, we need to work on pronouns, but hooray! And he can string two sentences together! "Can you have a apple? I'm so hungry." :) I'm not sure where he picked up that second sentence, but it's obvious that he knows what it means, and hooray that he can use it! He's been playing video games with his brothers, and one of them that he likes a lot is The Incredibles. He calls it "Nister and Credible" (Mr. Incredible). Cute!
Now, please understand, I'm not trying to complain in this next part. I'm just expressing feelings, and I'm sure I'm more alone in feeling thus way.
Lately, when I'm on Facebook and I have something to share that's religious, I often talk myself out of it because we have certain members of our families who think religion is dumb. It makes me sad, and I worry about what they might say in response. I can't handle the thought if their saying something mean and, basically, "interrupting [my] rejoicings." Such things haven't been said to me, but they have been said to Jeremy and to others by these certain people. They've said some mean, insensitive things. I don't know what I'd do if those things were said to me. (Ok, I do know. I'd cry.)
I've decided that maybe a change in attitude/perspective is in order. I can't change these people or what they think anymore than I can change the fact that Jill went with me to the store tonight even though I wanted to just hurry up and go alone, all because she wanted to go so badly. She even hurriedly brushed get hair and got her "glass slippers" (her hand-me-down brown heels) on. I couldn't change that I'd taken her, but I realized as I walked in the store feeling all sourpuss that I'd better change my attitude our it would be a miserable shopping trip when it could be a fun one. I couldn't change her desire to go, and really there was nothing wrong with her going. I was just hungry and grouchy and in a hurry. I could change my attitude, and I did.
Now, this with Facebook is different because it's something I'm actually afraid of. But I don't need out want to live in fear. In fact, I want to eliminate fear from my life wherever I can find it because it's much too prevalent. I need to trust God more than man and worry about what He thinks more.
So I'll work on that. :)
And I'm super excited about General Conference coming up on the first weekend in April! :D It's going to be great! It always is. 8 hours of listening to wonderful talks from wonderful church leaders with my family. Such a blessing!
2 comments:
I'm feel the same way sometimes about sharing sacred things on facebook. It seems like I'm casting my pearls before swine sometimes. I have a friend who up front said: "I am warning my family & friends who may not agree with me that I will be sharing a religious message every week." The brethren want us to use social media to share the gospel.
I forgot to say: HOORAY for Timothy's progress!!! I see lots of progress lately. :)
Post a Comment