I'm kind of in a funk right now. For that last few weeks my sleep rhythm has been off, and I can't seem to get it back right. I'm tired of sleeping. I'm tired of eating. I'm tired even of doing the things I do for fun. And I'm scared to death of the laundry! Of course, I keep doing these things because I need to, but I'm missing a spark somewhere. I feel like once I get my sleep rhythm back in order everything is going to feel better. But that's going to take at least a few more weeks. I can keep trying to move forward. I've been doing better at reading my scriptures. And I still feed myself and my family. And I'm sleeping when I can. I'm just tired of waiting for things to be put right. In a way, though, I brought it upon myself. I'll get it sorted out, though. This feeling never lasts forever.
I've been a bad blogger. Every day I think of things I want to write about, and then I forget before I can get to my computer. I don't usually even try to blog on my devices anymore. The devices that I used to use for blogging are dying, though I hate to admit it. They run slow and they freeze up. Man, I'm whiny today!
Well, today I'll try to tell you some things that are going on that are not whiny.
Bubby has two favorite songs: the ABC song and the happy birthday song. You have to be paying attention or you can't tell when he starts singing, but the sound of his voice changes as he tries to sing the sounds he knows. He knows some key ones from each song. It's so cute! He is such a fun, happy little guy!
We're still scheming about moving to Cedar City. Today I'm feeling a bit hopeless about it. It's probably my lack of sleep speaking. Hearing that ground will be broken for the Cedar City Temple in August kind of spurred on a bigger desire to move. We've been going over and over lists of houses and wondering what to do about a job. I told you the problems Jeremy has with that job there, right? Commissions and selling insurance. Yeah. I wish I knew what to do. I feel stuck. And at the same time I'm trying very hard to be patient because I think that Jeremy needs to be here for Joe at this moment in time. It's going to work out, though. I just know it!
We've had a few changes around our house lately. Joe was looking for some jobs to do to earn money to buy a truck. He did end up buying the truck, but it's been giving him trouble ever since. In fact, right now it's sitting outside our house in need of at least a new starter. Anyway, before it was broken in front of our house he used it to clean up our yard. It's starting to grow back here and there, but for a bit there it looked a lot better. :) And then Jeremy had him help clean up the shop. He also cleaned our fridge. Jeremy's been looking our house over and coming up with little projects that he wants to get done, and the current one is carpet. So the day before yesterday Joe came after school and ripped the carpet out of our hall. It was horrible and matted, but to tell the truth I kind of miss it. The hall is weird and it echoes. And under the carpet we found old tile, which we figured was probably there. The was under the living room carpet that we ripped out before we moved in. It seems to have been kind of glued in lace on this black lining of some sort. Anyway, the tiles are coming up, and I hate it. And because the carpet is out of the hall, we're going to have to take it out everywhere else too, and that means moving every single thing out of all three of the bedrooms. Spare me! I don't know, though. Maybe it'll help me de-clutter.
We also just got Jill, Timmy, and Brom a new bunk bed. It's one of those that has a twin size mattress on top and a full size on the bottom. It's red. We set it up last week, and so far Bubby has slept all night on his own bed (he shares the bottom with Timmy) every night that we've put him there. Timmy still comes to our bed in the middle of the night. He just kind of sneaks in. And then sometimes he wets our bed. Like last night. Argh! I figure he'll grow out of it because I have a list of people I know who did, but for now I just wish he'd at least not wet OUR bed. Ha ha! Still, it's nice to have the new bed. I'm thankful.
We got a new monitor too, so now all 4 computers can run. That's also nice. We set up the big table in the living room and put 2 of them on it. I just wish they didn't take up so much room.
Yesterday Jeremy had to go to the rod plant (Or was it the smelter? I can't remember.) for something or other, and he found that breathing the acid was pretty bad for him. He kind of suffered from that for the rest of the day. It made us realize that maybe that's one reason why he's so allergic to Globe. The mine uses A LOT of acid.
Yesterday I made a mermaid tail for Jill's Ariel Barbie. It came out a little wonky, but she was pretty pleased. My next project is to make a dress for the Barbie that somebody gave her on Sunday. That Barbie isn't dressed as modestly as I'd like. And it's fun to have Barbie clothes. :) I remember how much fun I had playing with my Barbies. I definitely need to make a Barbie wedding dress if nothing else!
Well, that's it for now. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment