Monday, July 3, 2017

Fist Half of June

Thatcher Stake Trek was June 1-3.  I dropped them off at the church and then cried like a ninny. Ha ha! It sounds like Hyrum's family was awesome and Hyrum's was meh.  I'm sad about that for Hyrum!  I loved my experiences on Trek!  But they're both glad they got to go.


It was dang hot, so we stopped and got popsicles on our way home from the library.


Bubby fell asleep holding the shirt he was going to put on, all wrapped in his blanket.


Timmy drew himself and two classmates, Trinity and Troy.


Henry wanted to help water the grass.  He had a great time and got all wet as usual.  Jeremy balanced a plate on his head while he supervised.


Papa, Benji, and Henry picked up Hyrum and Joshua while the Jill, Timmy, Bubby, and I did the free craft at Home Depot.  Michael was at a day camp for the 11 year olds.  Aunt Stacey and Uncle David were there!


I was so glad to have them home!  I think they were glad too.





Timmy did it, so Bubby had to do it too.  One little side note, though:
We've been trying to potty train Bubby for a few months.  He's got #1 down, but we're still working on getting #2 in the potty.  He's actually been holding his poop in, so he ends up with poop streaks on whatever he wears.  And, yes, this swimming suit did happen to have poop on it, and yes, his hair did smell like poop after that.  Man!


It rained a little bit!  Unfortunately, this was also the storm that caused a lightning fire on Mt. Graham.  They're still battling it.  It has covered a lot of the front of the mountain and now looks like it's burning down the back side too.  But it was a nice rain.


Benji's all ready for the Badger Re-Onion!



Jill was such a stinker.  She never let me get a good picture of her and Leah.  Also, Leah was handing out candy when we got there, and Jill kept running away from her because she didn't want any.  Silly girl.  It was Leah's birthday, and it sounds like we just missed the piñata.  Jill and Leah had a great time together, though.


We tried to fly kites, but nobody was successful.  Not even me! ;)





Kristy's husband Wade brought his VR gear, and the kids all had a great time playing with it.  I was shocked that he'd bring that expensive stuff.  I was sure some little kid was going to knock over those poles and break something, but nobody ever did.



Timmy's turn
Bubby is so funny.  Now that it's summer he's finally decided he likes to wear undershirts. XD
Timmy was pretty much obsessed with the VR stuff.  He told me over and over that he wanted me to buy some "vudeo game eyes and vudeo game ears and vudeo game arms..."


Leah



Henry had a great time running around up here.  It even makes a good thumping noise.


Joshua's turn


Jennifer tried to get her kids to take a decent photo. XD


The neighbors' dog was a big hit with Henry. :)


Jeremy and I sat outside and finished reading our book because we were so close!  (The Chosen.  Go. Read. It!!)  Henry came out too and got drinkies from Papa's cup.


Timmy again


I brought my hair cutting stuff, and Grandma brought hers, and they got to work.  Most of my kids got a haircut.  Thanks, guys!



Dad and Uncle Davey


James's gaming system was also quite popular.


Leah and Jill again



Joshua


Pit


Ticket to Ride


Puzzles (This one was hard!)



Bubby and Rodney




Lynnette and Bubby after family pictures



Sisters!


Hyrum said he needed a photo of him and me together.  This might be his last campout before his mission.  We're both feeling it. :'(




Jeremy sang When Love is Kind for the talent show.


Everyone watching Bubby play with Aunt Barbara's phone


Henry was MAD, so I used the usual tactic of doing selfies to calm him down.  It worked.


Rodney was just laying there, hugging the shark and singing.  So cute!


We were cooking breakfast, and suddenly we heard screaming in the dining room.  We went in and found Kristy doing the VR.  Apparently, it was a scary one.  She was waving her arms around in circles and screaming and screaming.  It was hilarious!  I wish I'd taken a video.  
It was fun to see Kristy.  We had some good little chats here and there.



Lynnette brought bacon and we brought pancakes.




Henry and Michael


Henry and Zander


This was when we were getting ready to leave.  It was a bit breezy.


Michael was telling me he was ready to go home.


Joshua didn't want his picture taken.


This was actually the day we arrived.  Most people arrived Wednesday, but we came Thursday, and Robert was there, so we had to get a photo.


We stopped at Grandma Burk's on the way home.  She has this bouncy horse that Henry likes.


Someone gave us butter to take home.  We didn't have a cooler with us, and somebody knocked it over when we stopped at Grandma's...


We started going to the school for breakfast and lunch again, and they put up these big papers for everyone to draw on.  Timmy drew that Pikachu.


Jill drew that pink girl.  (She wants earrings.  Can you tell. ;) )


Benji getting dropped off for Scout Camp.  They only did it for the deacons this year because of Trek I guess.  I don't know how the older two will ever get their Eagle.  Sigh.  Nobody will work with them, and I have no idea what to do with it.  Anyway, Benji had a great time. :)  They went up on Mt. Graham.


I took pictures of the fire every day for a while as it progressed and got huge.  It's so sad.  I can't think where I was parked when I took this picture, though!


Cute boys having an after-dinner snack ;)
This is the best time of the day.  I love being outside when it cools off.  That time between the sun going down and dark is my favorite.  That bats come out and the sky looks so pretty!


School breakfast!


I think the food was a little too crunchy that day.


Coloring at the cafeteria
We've spent a lot of time out of the house the last few weeks.  We've been to the library a lot, and free meals at the school take us at least an hour.  And there are free movies at a local theater.  All sorts of things.  We have summer reading program at the library.  It's on Tuesdays, and we have someone in each of the three groups.  And then Benji and Michael do coding club there twice a week.  Busy!  But it's been good so far.


Hyrum got some new birds.  These are finches.  There's a boy (the one with stripes on his neck) and a girl.  A lady he home taught was moving, and she couldn't take them.  They're so cute!  They sound like those little birds on the Pixar short.  Hyrum named them Bubble and Nippet.  (Bubble is the boy and Nippet is the girl.)


Jill made this cool mask with a tortilla.  I think we were having tacos for dinner.



Timmy likes to name things Bob.  It thought this was pretty awesome.



These next 2 were on our way home from Tucson.  I took a few kiddos with me, and Bubby got a little checkup.  He has to get some work done, and Tucson is closer than our other dentist in Gilbert, so...
Anyway, we could see the smoke form Mt. Graham looking bigger and bigger and bigger as we got closer, and it just looked like a big blanket on the whole valley.


This is driving under the smoke blanket.


I bet Timmy would look at this and say it looked like a bum. Ha ha!  This was early in the morning.


It was quite fascinating to me to watch the fire!


Timmy wore the flip flops through the first layer.


This is in the bathroom at the Safford Middle School Cafeteria.  (Be sure to never stop washing your hand apostrophe s!  Do it at all timels!!)


Timmy's turkey



I took this picture to show Jeremy what Jill was getting for her birthday before I wrapped it.  I'd ordered a pink CTR ring and scriptures and a pink case too, but they hadn't arrived yet.


Benji was brought home from scout camp a day early.  Sounds like some of the parents were getting worried because of the fire.  (Wimps! ;) Only kind of joking.)  This picture was supposed to show how dirty he was.  (DIRTY!)






This is Timmy's Emerican Ninja Worrier outfit.  (American Ninja Warrior)  He loves that show!He hopped and climbed all over the room and ended on the piano, where he proclaimed, "I won!"


No comments: