Henry really likes eggs, especially when Papa has some. He doesn't eat them nearly so well when he's the only one eating one. Also, he likes them with ketchup, because he LOVES ketchup, but if you give them to him with ketchup he'll probably only eat the ketchup. Ha ha!
Benji made a little apple pie in the toaster oven. He said it was sooooo good!
And after this there should be some pictures of us visiting Papa's work, but we're not allowed to share them on social media. We're not even supposed to take pictures. Oops! Well, we visited, and it was neat! His office is right next to the lab where they test samples. It was so neat to watch. They have some huge robots! And they all move so, so smoothly! They made quick, deliberate movements, but with no jerkiness or wiggling. It was cool.
The children in nursery discovered Brother Burk's gap. They said, "You lost a tooth!" Then they had to stick their fingers in. Ha ha!
I don't remember what's going on here. XD Jeremy and his dad doing uh... something.
We had a bunch of baby frogs! They were so cute and tiny! Jill kept catching them and letting them go. Now we have lots of big fat frogs. I hope that means they're controlling the bug population in our backyard. :)
Watching videos
Here's something Bubby drew. :) He's actually trying to draw people!
Bubby at work
For the first week of school Timmy had to put some things in a bag that tell about him. One of them was his family, so we put in a family picture. Another was something he likes to play with, so he drew a picture of his Mario doll, complete with the tag on his leg.
Joshua and Henry
Joshua made Buzz hold the gun. He thought it was so funny. :) It was.
This gun has since moved on to the dump because Henry likes to hit with it and it's kind of broken anyway.
Timmy drew this. :)
Jill tried a free sample class of Tae Kwon Do. She LOVED it. I thought she would hate it because she was so far behind everyone else, but she loved it. Unfortunately, we weren't able to fit it in the budget just yet. Maybe next time we get paid. I hope! We found this uniform that Grandma Badger made for my brothers forever ago, and it fits perfectly! We just need a white belt.
Benji needed to make a shelter and sleep in it for scouts, so he did it in our backyard. Good thing it didn't rain. ;)
The other kiddos wanted to sleep in a tent too, so the boys set up our big one. Timmy was mad that I wouldn't sleep in there. I got everyone bedded down in there and went up and brushed my teeth, and then when I came out I could hear Timmy crying at the back door. He was scared of the dark, so he wouldn't come in the house. I sat by him in the tent for a while, and then he, Bubby, and I went back inside, and I put them to bed in their own beds.
Timmy wanted to wear this tie, so obviously that meant he needed to wear like 6 shirts. XD
Silly boy.
Timmy got a rope in the tree now for playing Emerican Ninja Worrier. He thinks that's pretty fancy. And Henry loves our swing set! He's played out there a lot lately. The weather has been so comparatively nice, so they can go out without shoes earlier in the day.
This is the eclipse! I poked a pinhole in a piece of paper and then let the light shine through it onto this paper. It made a teeny tiny sun, but it did work. Then we had to go to WIC, and there was a lady there who had a filter we could look through. Pretty cool. :)
I think hes faking here. Silly boy. He loves to wrap up in a blanket and close his eyes.
He also likes to climb up on the piano! We were watching Ro make an apple strudel. It looks so yummy!
I finally sold Grandpa Badger's autoharp. I feel sad about it, but relieved as well. I was going to sell it years ago, but Jeremy's mom said, "You can't sell that! That's too sad! Don't you think you should keep it because it was your grandpa's?" I thought about it and decided to keep it. Well, I finally realized that I don't even remember Grandpa playing the autoharp. When I think of him, the autoharp isn't what I think of. It's just been collecting dust, and nobody is going to learn to play it. So I finally listed it on eBay, and I shipped it off on Thursday. It did make me cry a little, but I'm good now. It went to a guy in Indiana who, oddly enough, is named Stephen. (Yes, it's spelled that way!) He's going to restring it, and I'm happy that someone will enjoy it. :)
This was part of my big project in August. I cleaned out the garage. It still has some things we want to move to a shed, like the camping stuff, and we want to build a little shed for the bikes. But we did get it cleaned up. What a job! So then we moved bedrooms all around, and we're still not done with that. And the beds took up so much more room than I thought they would. Yikes. Hyrum, Benji, and Michael moved downstairs, Jill moved into the little bedroom, and Joshua moved in with Henry. Eventually, Joshua will move down with his brothers, and then we'll play the bedroom shuffle again. Whee!
Timmy was tired after school.
We took down the red bunk bed and hauled it to the dump, and then we bought a used wooden one that Benji and Michael are now using. Before we started the bedroom shuffle, but after the red bed was gone we had kind of a short family council in Timmy and Bubby's room. We discussed what all needed to happen that day, and then we got busy. But first Papa was getting up and stopped like this, so Henry hopped on. :)
Timmy has wanted us to get a coconut for a long time. None of us really liked it, but we have the experience now. ;)
Jeremy took me on a date last Tuesday. We went to Arby's. I got a French Dip. I haven't had one in at least 10 years. Yum! Jeremy got a regular, which they now call a classic. After Jeremy paid they asked what they should write on his receipt, and he said, "Oh, just say the good lookin' guy." The cashier laughed, but she did it. :)
Kimberly and her family came to visit. It was so nice to see them! We didn't get to visit way long, but it was still nice. I took a few pictures, but I think I'll keep them to myself since they don't like their pictures on the internet. But they did come! And we even got a picture of Timmy with his Uncle Emmett. Dream come true! XD
Silly Jill
On Friday we drove to Tucson and picked up our friend Val (Jason Estatico) from the airport. He is from Pennsylvania and is a good old guild friend. He's living with us until he can get a job and some money, and then he'll move in with Nate Lyon (our third cousin on the Flake side). He is very nice and quite quiet. It's been fun to see him again.
Here's Timmy at Wendy's, where we stopped for lunch.
Aaaaaand we got puppies on Saturday. Busy week! We got two of them. Joe gave them to us. I can't remember the breed. Some mix. But both parents are nice dogs. (Both parents belong to Joe.) So far they are cute and happy and sweet. We have to keep them out of the yellow room because Marshmallow likes to poo in there. Argh!
I took my kiddos back to the splash pad on Saturday while Jeremy and Val installed the new dishwasher. (Hooray for a work bonus!) Honestly, I think this might be the 4th time we've even gone there. I hate sitting there baking in the sun while the kiddos run around. And the adults who dress up and play with their kids in the water are kind of creepy. I just can't do that. No thanks. This time it was a bit cloudy, and I brought a camp chair and sat under the sun shade and read my book for a bit. It was OK. Maybe we'll go back sometime.
Here are those cute puppies. Scout is the brown one and Marshmallow is white.
This is how Bubby pronounces Marshmallow (Smashmellow). Benji was way sad that Papa spelled it like that. He was also overtired from all the driving and whatnot. Oh well.
We were doing Saturday night baths. I put the three little ones in the tub and went to fold some clothes. Then I heard the sink running and thought, "What the..." So I went in there, and this is what I found. XD
Jill asked me to take this picture. :)
I don't know why Joshua stuck his head in, but OK. :)
Timmy made his bed without being asked on Sunday, and he even arranged Mario and Luigi nicely. I think he likes being on the top bunk. One nice thing about it is that Mario and Luigi stay in his bed instead of getting lost in the middle of the night. :) It's not like he wakes up missing them, but the next night we have to hunt for them.
Henry in his rightful place (or at least what he thinks is his rightful place)



















































3 comments:
Did Jill tell you about all the snails she found when playing in the well water? It was crazy! So fun. My kids will be SO jealous you got puppies and also sad that they missed them! So cute.
I have never seen where Bob works in all the 40 + years he's worked there! Hmmm.... Big changes at your house! Switching bedrooms helps go through stuff you don't remember you have! Good job on letting Grandpa's auto harp go! That's great! I need to work on my stuff. I think Robert was baptized in that Tae Kwon Do suit! I don't know if I even have a picture of him in it. ??? Puppies! No more Buster? Yay for Family Councils!!! I have lots of pictures of the cousins playing at the Splash Pad, but probably can't put many on our blog because McBrides are in a lot of them. SO GLAD we had that time all together! See you soon! :)
Just to clear up the record: Robert didn't get baptized in that Karate gee, but I did make it for him! I found a picture of him on his baptism day in a jumpsuit. :)
Post a Comment