Tuesday, September 4, 2018

End of August

I just need to vent for a minute.  Fair warning!

In high school I used to say, "I get sick every time the seasons change!"  Well, it's true.  I get horrible allergies, and then I get an infection in the back of my nose, and then it moves down to my throat and then I get a cough.  It really stinks, and it just wipes me out.  Ugh.

In other news, Jeremy went on a trip up to Nutrioso with his dad and Aaron.  They were gone Friday night until Sunday night.  I'll have to steal some pictures and video from that.  They went to church and found cousins they didn't know they had who knew where some grave sites were that nobody knew where to find.  So Jeremy was able to go get pictures of those.  He says his Granddad made those beautiful headstones.  Anyway, they found lots of them at 3 different burial sites.  Pretty incredible.  They did some hiking and took some video of Dad talking about the places they went.  They found his childhood home and the place where his Mack grandparents lived.  Anway, pretty cool.  And everything was beautiful and green and cool.  Sounds like it was a really nice trip.  And then he had a day off yesterday.  Sweet!

Jeremy has been working an hour overtime every day for like a year.  It's been really helpful.  They just changed work hours, though, so now he'll work 5 days one week and 4 the next.  We're looking forward to having him home every other Friday, but hopefully the financial hit won't be so bad.  And I think every other Friday will now be Temple day for us, and that would be amazing!!  That's the plan.


I visited Timmy's classroom about 2 weeks into the school year for a parent-teacher night.  We learned lots of useful info, and I was able to look around Timmy's class.  This and the one below are pieces of artwork Timmy did.  What can I say?  He's one of a kind. XD  (This kid is holding a guy with his mouth open saying that he wants turkey.  The speech bubble has a picture of a cooked turkey in it.)



Drawing more happies.


Benji had to make a poster about any book he chose for his English class.  I think it came out pretty good. :)


Michael got his glasses broken like 2 weeks into school.  He was playing dodgeball and got hit in the face.  No more glasses while playing dodgeball!!!  Anyway, these are the ones we're waiting for.  The earpieces are red, not pink like they look here.  We ordered them over 2 weeks ago.  Tapping my foot... 


Timmy got a new lunchbox.


Bubby and Henry needed one too.  They were so happy!  Henry's came a little later, but it's green with just a simple happy face on it.  He does like happies. :)


This is the back of this year's THS band shirt.  Check it out!  Benji's name is on the top line, and they spelled it right! (First and last!) :)

The night of the first home game there was a school dance in the parking lot at the high school.  Around 11:00 PM an old guy who was upset about the noise came and unplugged the sound equipment, waved a gun around, and assaulted a teacher.  (I'm not sure what "assaulted" means in this case.  That's all the news said on the subject.)  Some football players tackled him, but everyone was freaking out.  The cops came, he was taken to the hospital, and then to jail.  You can't really blame the poor guy.  It was late.  I'm sure he was trying to sleep, and lack of sleep can make you crazy, but man!  Those poor kids!  Thankfully, Benji came straight home after the game and fell asleep like right away.  He was too tired to go to the dance.  I'm glad he missed that!


The front


Opening social for Seminary was party in a huge muddy puddle.  It was in a water retention area at the high school.  They certainly got covered!  We made them hose off before coming in.  I washed their clothes twice, and the lint trap was still full of dirt when it stopped.  I guess I should've washed them another time or two!



Hyrum's last first day of school until after his mission!  He's taking two big English classes (Yikes!) along with a bunch of electives, just to make sure he's full time so he can get the Pell Grant.  His English 102 won't start until October, though, and Electricity will end in October, so that's nice!  He's taking Book of Mormon at the Institute and is in the choir there, as well as Men's Chorus with Dr. Burrows, the new choir director at the college.  He says Men's Chorus is pretty small this year.  There were only like 10 people the first day, but they've gotten a few more since then.  He's excited about choir this year.  I guess this is his first experience singing with women in a choir - in the Institute one.  He's had fun being part of Institute, and I'm so glad.




Joshua got his permit!  He got it on his first try!  For the permit you have to take a written test.  We had him try all the practice tests, and then he was able to do the test at home, and he said it was easy since he'd taken the practice ones.  I have heard stories about people who've taken the test at home and then had to take it again in person even though they passed.  I was worried!  But the lady just checked his eyes and filled out the paperwork and handed him his permit.  Whabam!  Pretty great. :)




Timmy made some kind of race track or something and some cars to drive on it.  I guess.  I don't always understand his little creations, but I love them!  I don't even really mind the mess.














Timmy lost another tooth!  It was a molar with a cap. Yea!!


This cracked me up.  He needs to learn about the correct use of apostrophes, but Timmy is doing great. :)

His teacher had me come into his class and talk to them again like last year.  I'm glad I can do that.  So far he's doing pretty good.  I worry about him getting older because kids can be real jerks as they get older, and I don't want him dealing with mean kids.  He already has to some extent.  As long as he's happy and progressing, though, I'm going to not worry too much.  Everyone needs to learn to deal with that.  I just hope he'll continue to be OK!




Jill sleeping
Fancy hair, huh? ;)


We had a service project for pack meeting at the park.  I ended up taking care of little ones for a while, but they had fun.  We still only have one or two Webelos each time.  But the two who come most often were able to get some awards this time.  Hooray!



Bubby and Timmy







1 comment:

Elynn said...

Wish I had seen your blog before you came up! I would have known better what to ask the kids (and you) for more details. Hooray for a set time to go to the Temple! That’s neat that Jeremy and his dad & brother got to do that together! We love all of the pictures! Your boys are SO good looking! Thanks for squeezing us in sndcoming up!