I'm not sure when I'm going to get caught up here, but hopefully it will be soon!
I just wanted to write this down.
Every year our ward does a Christmas Angels thing where the Relief Society president puts gift tags on the door with a gift that a child in the ward might want for Christmas. Every year we agree to participate because they need us to. Anyway, this year I was in a hurry to get the list to the president, and when I came to Joshua I remembered that he had computer glasses before, but they broke. I thought with as much as he works at the computer maybe he'd like new ones. Its all done anonymously usually, but this time it didn't end up that way. It just so happens that our eye doctor is in our ward, and he picked up that tag. He offered to give a free eye exam and a free pair of glasses! I figured just non-prescription lenses that are polarized for using at the computer.
Anyway, we got to the eye doctor yesterday, and he gave him the free exam, and it turned out that he is a little bit near-sighted! Ha! The eye doctor didn't think Joshua needed computer glasses because of the near-sightedness. I'm not sure why he doesn't take into account eye strain from the glare of the screen. I suffer from that! I have some fancy yellow glasses for the computer. Anyway, Joshua wasn't happy about needing glasses. Over and over he insisted that he won't wear them very often. Dr. Sellers said over and over, "No, and you don't have to. Just when they'd help you see street signs and things." And then Joshua took at least a half hour choosing frames for his new glasses, and came home still unsure that he picked the right ones. (I think he looks gewgrin them, but my opinion doesn't matter. ;) )
Anyway, what a funny, unexpected thing to have happen. The whole thing makes me laugh. But I really appreciate that they did that for him. It was so nice.
2 comments:
What a fun thing! My boy was like nope, nope, don't need 'em, they don't make a difference, nope. And now he doesn't like to be without them! Ha!
gewgrin? Good in them? TYPO?
Blessings!
Post a Comment