Thursday, March 19, 2020

February Part 2

It was kind of a funny week. I suppose weeks never go how you think they will, though. We had a holiday on Monday, and that was really nice. I feel like as a teacher I kind of live for holidays. 😅 But that was the very day I got sick. I'm still fighting it, but I'm starting to feel better!

One cool thing is that Michael got his Patriarchal Blessing last Sunday and Benji got his this Sunday. You have some cool brothers, ya know? And they both have good things they are specifically called to do in this life. It'll be interesting and so excited to watch all my kids' blessings unfold as their lives play out. You guys are magnificent beings!

We did have some sadness this week, though. One day I found out Sister Wren's dad died. He was kind of a cool old guy. It was good he isn't suffering anymore, but sad. And then we found out that a college girl 3 doors down from us committed suicide. There were tons of cars all around that house all day, and people were outside crying and falling on the ground. We were kind of just wondering what was going on. Sister Reed, two doors down the other way, is the one who found out what happened. It's just so sad. Aaron had that girl in his class, and he said she was just such a nice girl. Just last week she'd asked Aaron to introduce her to Brother Clegg, and then she brought him bottled root beer, just like he likes, for doing that. 

And then later that day Brother Cline had a major heart attack right there with Aaron at the college. Aaron was able to get an ambulance and get him to the hospital quickly. They flew him to Tucson. He's doing a lot better now. I wonder how that happened. He's so young and seemed like he was in such good health.

And then on Friday night some high school kids, who are part of the GIFT program where they take college classes as well as high school ones, were coming home from a field trip for their auto shop class. One of the vans lost control somehow and rolled. 3 students were ejected in the rollover and died. One was from Duncan, one from Thatcher, and one from Pima. I don't know any of them. I do know the kid from Thatcher was a junior. He was a football player, and he was in his class presidency at the school. It's just so sad. 

What a week. 

On Monday I had a Zoom call with my guide support. It's a video meeting kind of like you used to have at K12 sometimes. Anyway, she was so helpful! She helped me figure out some problems I've been having with my class and make plans. Technically, at Prenda I'm a guide, not a teacher. This means that education is up to the students. They have to own it. Of course, at the K-2 level it looks different. I have to give them goals and rules and things because they're not really old enough to do it themselves. But the overall theory is the same. Anyway, so that's why they call her a guide support instead of a teacher support. Her name is Emily Crapo. Papa and I call her Emily of the unfortunate last name. 😅 But she's a really nice, helpful lady.

Also, Timmy got his first filling without happy gas. He actually did pretty well, though he didn't like it.

Michael had a concert with the chamber orchestra on Wednesday. It was so great! He's really kind of struggled with some of that music. It's a huge step up from middle school orchestra, but he's so happy that he chose to do it. He's really enjoyed it. 

That morning Benji went on a little trip with the band, and he got back on Thursday. They went to some marching band thing at the Capitol. They also went to a musical instrument museum that he really loved. I don't know what all else they did, but he loves that.

And I remember now. Wednesday was the crazy day where the two people died and Brother Cline had a heart attack. That was quite a day.

We went back to the library on Thursday even though all I wanted was a nap. I also emailed my students' parents about noise because it's getting really bad. Emily of the unfortunate last name helped me thing of some tricks to try. So I'm going into the week a little more sure about making things work. I'm really tired of yelling to be heard. 

Michael went to the Temple twice this week. His crazy brothers didn't go. Benji's been tired and sick, though. He got the same sick I'm starting to get over. And Joshua's kind of a bum lately, and I think his recommend is expired. 

Love you so much, Hyrum!  Have a great week! We think of you all the time! I'm so grateful for Elder Taff for being such a good companion for you! I'm so glad you're doing so well. I'm so proud of you!

Love you bunches!

Love, Mommy

Pictures!

Timmy made these time goggles with time fuel cans so he can see into the past. 

I hope the sunset pictures are good! I actually needed that sunset. I was stressing out writing that email to parents, and Bubby came and grabbed my hand and made me come and look, and it was just what I needed. 

There Michael in his little (but wonderful) orchestra!

And there's Timmy with his primary group. They tied knots.

Papa helping Harry on the haul truck simulator

Pretty sunset

Timmy and Bubby doing green screen

Timmy with Gila Hank

Timmy doing the other simulator while Bubby waits

Benji helping with Aaron's animals. This snake is Johnny

Boys playing with a bucket of Orbees

Jill driving a haul truck. The guy said she did great and that she should go to HR and apply. 😅 She said no.

Bubby said I had to take this picture of him with his new bike helmet and send it to Papa and you! Here you go. :)



Jill sewing in her school
They wanted to learn to sew, and Jen said, "Why not?"


Mad ooze! 
When Henry was just learning to talk these were his favorite kind of shoes, the only ones he'd wear.  We've been through a few sizes, and these are the current ones.  I'm not sure why he started calling them mad ooze.  I think because he said ooze instead of shoes, and one day they got muddy.


Hyrum asked me to take some pictures at our house.  He misses our house, and the blue skies.  Apparently, they're not nearly so blue in Ghana.



He also wanted sunset pictures, so I took a few over a few weeks.



Time travel goggles


Chamber orchestra concert
It was so fun!
























No comments: