Saturday, August 27, 2011

Miss Jill

My little Jilly is learning every day. It's really fascinating to watch. Lately she's been learning about emotions. Today we were watching a movie and it came to a part where the guy was sad. Jill recognized that and looked up at the movie and said, "Sad. Sad." She has also begun to learn about being scared. She'll wake in the night and cry for Mommy or Papa. When we get to her we scoop her up in our arms and she says, "Scared. Scared." And if she's upstairs alone sometimes she'll come down saying that. But she's also learned that it will grab our attention, so she'll often say it just for extra smooches and hugs when we're already holding her. Cute girl. :)

Jill loves to talk about swimming and often uses it as an excuse to not get dressed. I make her at least wear a shirt and something on her bottom. She doesn't seem to like the feel of underwear yet. I figure that because she won't leave it on. But she does like to go potty and have us cheer for her. I've also learned that when she poops I need to know right away or she will take off her diaper and get poop everywhere! Every now and then she'll surprise us, though, and take herself to poop in the potty. Really I need to get her on a potty schedule and get the potty training done. Maybe if I tell you I'll do it on Monday that will get me to do it. But I'm not sure how confident I am in that. I'm busy and easily distracted. I'll just have to keep a timer going. And I need to figure out rewards because I don't want to traumatized her when she doesn't want to go and it's time. I'm all about bribes as long as they help the situation without causing future trouble.

Jill's hair is getting long, but mostly only in the back. She has some sort of mullet thing going on. I don't have the heart to cut it just yet. I still have never cut it. Maybe when the top and sides have grown more I'll give the back a little trim, and then I'll repeat, just a little at a time so I don't die. I am in love with those silky golden curls. It is such a delight to have her for my daughter. I'm thankful that we have a daughter, and I'm thankful that our daughter happens to be little miss Jill.

No comments: