Saturday, September 8, 2012

Goodies of the Day

Today I loaded an app on my phone for Blogger. I thought it would make blogging from my phone easier. To make a long story short, it did not. But in the process it did give me a good laugh. I was trying to change google accounts, and my phone was trying to auto-correct. I ended up with "burkfamily1@yahoo.compensate." I'm still laughing.

And just now as I was getting Jill dressed after her bath she was pointing out all the little things on her dress. She showed me hearts, a bird, a rainbow, a popsicle, a spin around... Say what? I didn't remember a popsicle being on there. And what is a spin around? I asked her to show me that popsicle and spin around. They both turned out to be peace signs.

And last of all today is something not so funny. Aaron and Kenzie gave us a couch with an ottoman. I am so thankful. We haven't had a couch since before Christmas. And we got to hold their sweet new baby today.  I love him. :)  And another blessing I did not expect came today. I have been praying that we could get a new bed for Jill. In Cedar City she and Timmy slept on mattresses on the floor. They just seemed to prefer it. Well, here I worry about that. Not only did our renters make the carpet nasty, but there are lots of bugs here. I just feel better having them off the floor. Jill has a little toddler bed, but Timmy's still been on the floor. So my hope was that we could get a bed for Jill and put Timmy on the toddler bed. Well, as soon as Jill got home and saw the ottoman that her Papa and Aaron had hauled in, she exclaimed, "Mine bed!" I knew I had my answer. And her crib mattress sheet fits it too. God hears our prayers. He may not answer how we expect, but he hears. :) I'm thankful.

No comments: