Sure, this picture highlights my need to wear makeup, but I'm ok with that. :) Plus, I like that little Timma was cuddling with me, and it's one of the only pictures I have of myself on the Burk campout.
So... we had the Burk campout last week. I usually get desperate to write something somewhere while on those campouts, so I usually do. Yes, I'm silly, and I'm ok with that also. :) Here's what I wrote:
I think one of the reasons why I have a blog is that every now and then I get this need to write something. It doesn't really matter what. It is just therapeutic at times.
Right now I'm sitting here at the Burk Campout. Normally, I'd be off to the water hole with the crowd, but not today. Third trimester for me means that the muscles undery my tummy get pulled way easily, and my hip aches when I do too much. I think that little hike down there and back would do more harm than good.
It's kind of a bummer to stay while the crowd goes, but right now I have little Timma with me. I like that. He played Battleship and chess and now he is off to run through the campsite. I guess that means I have to get off my bum. Yesterday he went clear down the road and fell in a blackberry bush before I found him.
Ha! Here he comes running back, waving his shirt behind him. He is such a fun little guy to watch. I always wonder what is going on in his head. Clearly, a lot is going on in there. You can just tell.
This morning I woke up bemoaning the fact that I have so many weeks left until the little guy makes his grand appearance. I am frustrated by my limitations. I want to be don, not only so I can hold my sweet new guy, but also so I can be on the recovery side of this process. If I could just have him today I could be settling back into a routine before school starts. Still, I shouldn't complain. It is only 8 1/2 more weeks until my due date (and now that I'm typing this it's just less than 8), and God's timing is always spot-on. I cannot wait to meet ths new little boy. It goes without saying - I love him a lot already.
I'm afraid I did something rather drastic on Monday. One thing I've been needing lately is to have decided where the boys will go to schoo this year. I figured we'd know as soon as we knew where we'd be at that point, but I needed it settled in my mind. Well, time has gone on and now, even thought it feels so far away, Brom's birth is indeed coming soon. I think we need to stay here. As far as schools go, Miami is closest, but it's out of the question. Globe doesn't sound much different. We tried Destiny School and we're done with it. There's a K12 school, but I'd have to drive the boys there and home. Now way, Jose. Loading up 7 kids twice a day. Pbbbt. Or there is a distance learning thing, but it's dual enrollment - part online and part at a local school. Again, that's me loading up 7 kids to drive to school. Boo. So I feel like my only choice is to go back to homeschool. And since I have no curriculum I've decided to just plop them all back in Arizona Virtual Academy.
So that's what I'm doing. I started enrollment on Monday. Now I have a billion more papers to turn in. I'm nervous because K12 (the AZVA curriculum) is a lot of work. And I'm not sure what to do about computers. We only have 3 and 1 is off-limits for the kiddos. Plus, if we get some of the school's loaners I'm not sure what to do with them. Where could we put them? And I'm going to have a long list of school supplies to get. And we're having a baby soon after the school year starts. And the school year is starting the first week of August. Good golly. Well, we'll give it a go.
And there you go. There is what I wrote on the campout. Since then I've been working my buns off to get all the paperwork done. Yesterday I put in nearly a full day filling it out, scanning it, and emailing it. I still have 3 more documents to turn in. I only have one of those. I'm waiting on the boys' old schools to get their stuff together, but they're all way busy since the schools have been switched all around over the summer. Well, we'll get it together. We'll figure it out. Hopefully we'll even learn to follow a schedule because I have no idea how we'll get through this without it. And it could all be temporary anyway. Who knows when we'll get a job and where it'll be. Jeremy's applying in all sorts of places. So yeah, it's all a wait and see kind of deal.

No comments:
Post a Comment