Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happenings

I am so stinking frustrated!  I go for days on end without getting to lay a finger on my own computer because the boys use it for school every day.  And when I do get to get on my computer I am usually nursing a baby with Timmy climbing around behind me in the chair and 2 or 3 boys standing behind me saying, "What's that?  Can I please play?  When can I have a turn?  I didn't play anything today."  What the...

So there's a silly explanation about why I never blog anymore.  I wish that blogging from my phone was a more viable solution.  It just isn't. :P

I have a post about Timmy that I've been trying to work on.  I've actually started it and tried to work on it a few times.  It just hasn't worked out.  I don't like typing one-handed with a boy climbing on me and yanking on my hair.  I will see what I can do to get that done soon.

I should mention, though, that Jeremy received a part-time job offer from the local community college.  He will be teaching 2 classes in the spring: Macroeconomics and AutoCAD.  I am really nervous about the prospect of being here in the spring.  It has been a really hard year for our allergies.  But we will be looking into getting allergy shots, I believe.  I am really proud of Jeremy, and I think he'll do a great job. 

I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't break my heart to not be going back to Cedar City right now.  I'm not going to pretend like I didn't have allergies there too.  But I can't deny that the schools were so much better there.  I don't feel comfortable with any of the school options here in Globe and Miami.  But with homeschooling I worry every day about my little Timmy getting enough attention.  I think one of the main reasons I put the children into Arizona Virtual Academy was so that they could help me to help Joshua.  Well, guess what.  We still don't have a 504 plan, and the first quarter is over.  It's frustrating!  That and staying on top of all the daily lessons in a billion subjects, weekly checkpoints, participation work, and monthly work samples for all four boys is too much.  I honestly knew it would be, but really I expected AZVA to be a temporary solution.  I honestly thought we would have moved somewhere by now, and then the boys would be back in regular school.  Well, as AZVA was only going to be a temporary solution, I've decided I'm done with it.  I'm going to withdraw the boys and just do my own thing.  I feel really relieved at that thought.

Don't think I took that decision lightly either.  I prayed and prayed, and I wrestled with my feelings.  I felt like I was just being a quitter, but I finally had to realize that while AZVA did do us some good, the time has really past for it and I need to focus on more important things.  I don't think school is supposed to be about all those things, and I'm tired of worrying about grades for these boys who are so smart and do so well already.  Something's just got to change.  So I comfort myself with those thoughts, and we will move forward.

Brom is growing like a weed.  He doesn't look like he could possibly only be 7 weeks old, but he sure is.  I love that boy so much, even if he does wake up every time I lay him down in the day time.  Some days that is super frustrating for sure.  I feel really stuck some days.  But then I remember that right now while I'm not creating oodles of crafty things, I am creating a boy who knows he is loved, and that is pretty well worthwhile.  So I'll try to keep my frustrations at bay and work on that for now.  I love his smiles.  He is so sweet. :) He smiles at me all the time, and with his eyesight improving (like babies' eyesight always does), he can see me and recognize me from further away, so I get even more smiles.  It's awesome. :) It's amazing to see him growing and learning.  He is working really hard on learning to move his arms and legs purposefully.  He has learned to like bathies.  And as always, he has 5 brothers and a sister who are all crazy for him.  He is a pretty lucky guy.

Well, I have typed for too long.  I will try to get Timmy's post done next week.  I just needed to hurry and get this other stuff done before I forgot it. :)

No comments: