Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meme Monday

Allrighty, guys. It is a new year, and I am kind of bored with my old blogging format. (You know, where I blog when the notion strikes if said notion happens to coincide with time to act upon it.) So today I sat and thought up a new way to blog, and it ought to be more fun (at least for me!) I may shake things up even more later, but for now I will just have a theme every day.

So starting yesterday, Monday is Meme Monday. Except that I didn't think of this until today, so I will try to do both yesterday and today right now. Whee! :)

For Meme Monday I will find a list of questions and answer them. I love that idea. :) Besides, I like to make runoff or change the questions or correct the grammar sometimes. All the better. Most memes seem to be written for teens anyway, so they are fun to make fun of. And if I happen to change a question, that is fun because I am asking myself questions in front of an audience,  and that makes me giggle. :)

So anyway, for this first meme I looked for one that was for adults but not risque or something. I scored on my first try. :) So here we go.

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I would say mortgages because they cost the most, but I like having a house. Maybe I should say phone because it costs a ridiculous amount. Hmmm... No. Probably my least favorite thing to spend money on is stuff at Wal-Mart. It is usually just necessities, but it always costs too much, and that makes me feel bad.

2. Do you miss being a child?
Nope. I am pretty happy with my life as it is, even though it is stressful at times.

3. What chore you hate the most?
Probably dishes. Gross. But I am always so happy when they're done. I like the bleach-clean smell of the dishwasher soap, and I like seeing the kitchen clean. But doing them is gross. I would rather wash the toilet.

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Well, hmmm... We really don't get to go out for romantic dinners much. Usually, when we go on a date (every 6 months or so) we go to a movie and are running too late to eat too. So we hurry and grab our kids after the movie and go eat some cereal or a protein shake at home. The last time we ate out of our house together was probably in the hospital after Brom was born. Ha ha! But our favorite restaurant in Globe is China Taste.
Phew! At this pace this post will be a mile long!

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I would be more patient. I would try to plan ahead so we didn't have to rush every time we go anywhere.  Actually, I am working on this. There is still time.

6. What was the name of your first grade teacher?
It was Mrs. Ball. She was nice. She let us bring a book and tape from home, and then we could sit on a stool in front of the class and show the book and turn the pages. That was way fun.

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Hmmmm... I'd like to be eating or sleeping, but really right now I am pretty pleased with what I am doing already.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a nurse or a ballerina or a teacher, each at different times. My last one (that I took to college with me) was music teacher.

9. How many colleges did you attend?
2. Eastern Arizona College (AA degree in music education) and Chandler-Gilbert Community College (just for the gym).

10.Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It is relatively free of stains and holes, and it is not too tight.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I don't have time to pay much attention to them. They are too high, but I am thankful for discounts I get at Fry's.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I haven't been using an alarm on weekdays. I have been waking up to Brom. I always try to decide if I'll fall back asleep or just be awake, but most of the time I just have to wait and see. Sometimes I am too tired to be awake, and sometimes my brain starts turning and I can't go back to sleep.

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
"Good golly, I love this bed!"

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Oh, how about President Monson? :)

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
I backed into our gate post at least twice. Does that count?

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
I am a stay-at-home mom. I don't really have time.

17. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in, please!

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Any that can make me laugh really hard. I like Patrick on Spongebob. Be Os pretty consistent. 

19. Favorite thing to do at night?
Sleep. After watching something or reading a book.

20. When did you first start feeling old?
When I was pregnant.

21. Favorite lunch meat?
I am not a fan of sandwiches hardly at all. But I do like a sub sandwich now and then with turkey or pastrami.

22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Most times: milk and bread.

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. I think it is necessary.

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
I don't really have a movie that I worry about people knowing about. As for TV shows, people might be surprised that I like watching Bones. But I'm not really embarrassed about that either. Hmmm... Yeah, I am pretty comfortable with myself.

25. What's your favorite drink?
I love water and milk, but my absolute drool-inducing favorite is probably orange juice.

26. Who from high school would you like to run into?
Oh, ow about Gina Bond or Heather Broadbent. I like them. :) Of course, they are both married now, so those names are not up to date. But you all know who I mean. Maybe.

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
I don't know. I don't like the radio stations here. I wish I had a CD player!

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Uhhh... I have never watched either, and I think I would like to keep it that way.

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
I wish I had learned to communicate before I got married. That would have saved some trouble. (And not just how to do it but to actually do it.) I also wish I had stood up for myself more. But we live and learn and I am getting better.

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
These people are my children and husband, so yes. That is a definite yes.

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No.

32. Last book you finished reading?
The Hiding Place. Oh, I loved it!

33. Do you have a teddy bear?
Yep. His name is Jeremy. :) I do have a stuffed teddy bear too, but I am not even sure where he is.

34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
I guess on the porch of a cabin.

35. Do you go to church?
Yep. I go every Sunday, and I love it!

36. How old are you?
35 (for 26 more days)

No comments: