Today I was thinking about the talk Carole M. Stevens gave at the General Relief Society Meeting in September. (Here) It was my favorite talk from that meeting. She talked about keeping the covenants we have made with God. I love it because she points out that we keep covenants by simply listening to th Spirit and doing what He prompts us to do. It isn't as hard as we sometimes thinks it might be. We just do what feels good and happy and closer to God. And it doesn't have to be something big. Sometimes it is just listening to someone or withholding judgement. I like that. :) Baby steps. Every day a little better.
I like the sister she talked about who said to people, "Don't be offended. That's ridiculous." Of course, she is right. We imperfect humans should stop feeling offended by other imperfect beings. But I am not sure I would be brave enough to say that for fear I would offend someone. Ha ha! Well, it is something to think about and work on.
I am thankful for the covenants I have made. They help me live closer to God, and that is just what I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment