Have I ever mentioned that I dislike coming up with titles? I sure do. I feel all pleased when I come up with a good one, but I have a hard time making them up.
Ok. Gotta hurry with this one.
We've had some good wind (not like crazy blow-your-face-off St. Johns wind.) and some rain. I hope we get more. I like spring, but I still wish it didn't bring hard times for Jeremy. Jill wanted to get a little swimming pool today, but it was too windy and we'd need a new hose to fill it. We may have to get those when the wind quiets down.
Today Brom and I went to the Dr. Since last spring I've been having something like asthma to go along with my allergies. I wasn't diagnosed with anything today, but I have an inhaler and an anti-allergy medicine too. I am glad to have it because I've been borrowing Jeremy's inhaler, and I don't want to be using up his medicine during spring time! But every now and then I need some too. I'm glad that's done. It feels weird that i have an inhaler. Oh, well. It is one of the use as needed kind, not the twice daily kind.
Also, the good news is that I weighed about ten pounds less than I thought I did. (I avoid weighing myself like I avoid the plague. I am afraid of what the scale will say!) And that means that I have lost about 30 lbs since I got pregnant with Brom. Whoa! I hope it stays lost! And I am pretty pleased.
And Brom got his six month checkup. He has gained about 10 lbs since birth. He is still in like the 98th percentile for his height, but his weight percentile went down from like the 74th to the 41st. He didn't lose weight, but his weight gain just isn't following the same curve that he was. I'm not really worried about it. A couple of weeks ago he had a yucky cold and kept choking on the guck in his throat and throwing up. I figure that's why his growth rate was lower. But she wants to check him again in 2 weeks and see if his weight is bouncing back or if she needs to worry.
And, of course, he got shots. :( He got one oral vaccine and 3 pokes. It is so sad. He was such a good, happy boy for most of the time we were there (2 1/2 hours!), and then he got poked. And later he didn't feel good at all. And to top it off, he is still teething. I held him as much as I could this evening. Poor fella had a tough time. And I feel so bad, too, because Jeremy doesn't think vaccines do any good. So I feel like he thinks I just went out and wounded our child for nothing. I really don't dwell on that too much, though. I can't change his mind, but getting their shots is important to me. I don't want my kiddos to get those horrible diseases! So I will keep at it, and before we know it he'll be 4 and pretty much done until 11. Thank heavens he doesn't have serious reactions. Then I would feel stupid AND bad. Ha ha!
So anyway, sad day for the buddy. Bathies are magical. They pretty much always help, even when my babies are at their saddest. And I held him like I promised. He is sleeping now, and I am going to join that party! Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment