I took this picture while Jeremy was at scout camp. Jill got the umbrella and tutu for her birthday. :) This particular day she kept wandering around the house like this, insisting that she had to use my flowers too.
Little Jill is so fun! She is such a little mommy to her dollies lately. Her doll cradle that Grandpa Badger made is getting more use than ever. She has two dolls that she loves the best, and I realized just recently that the reason why they're her favorites is that they both have braided hair. One of these dolls Jill named Kaleela. Kaleela was made for Jill by a nice old lady in our ward. I have no idea where she came up with the name Kaleela, but she sure reminds me of myself sometimes. She gets all dramatic about naming things, just like I used to. Anyway, the other doll is from the store. She is named Sally, but Jill's s's often come out as ts's, so when Jill says her name it sounds more like Tsally. Jill has noticed me nursing my baby, so she sometimes will say that she has to feed her baby at bedtime. She even lifts up her shirt to do it. I like that I'm passing this on to her, but it still kind of makes me say, "Gah!" As far as I can remember I never pretended to nurse. Well, it's all good, and I like watching her. She likes to make up things that happen to her dollies too. Sometimes she'll tell me that Kaleela fell off the bed and got all bloody or something. One day she told me that if one of those dolls misbehaved she would spank her and punch her in the belly. What in the world?! We had a little talk about how we don't do that to our babies. My goodness!
Here are Kaleela and Sally. Sally can't seem to keep track of her dress.
At night after lights are out I sit on Jill's bed nursing Brom with Jill on her pillows and Timmy at the foot of the bed, and Jill talks and talks and talks! She talks about everything under the sun. It's fun to listen to her cute little voice rattle on and on. She often makes me laugh out loud, and then I intend to write down what she says, but I always forget it before I get around to writing. :P
Timmy likes it when I print him a coloring page with "Iron Ma'am" or "Hoke." That's Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk as Timmy says them. He likes coloring and drawing a lot. He's even written some ABCs on the wall. :D And he really likes this Iron Ma'am action figure. It's Benji's. Whenever he says, "Iron Ma'am," I can't help thinking, "That would be Pepper, right?" ;) I'm not sure why he pronounces it that way, but it tickles my gizzard.
And just a bit about Brom - he has been clapping and dancing. He will clap sometimes if we say, "Yea, Brom!" And if he hears music playing he sticks his arms out to the side and turns his upper body side to side and grins really big. It's so cute, even if he is sitting when he does it. ;)



1 comment:
We love hearing about the kids! Thanks for the photos! Glad Jill likes dolls, dressing up, umbrellas, & flowers! Wish we could see Abraham clap & dance! Maybe soon we hope!!!
Post a Comment