Friday, August 11, 2017

Back to School

First day of School 2017-2018

Hyrum walked to Seminary.  Joshua got a ride from his Papa.  I dropped Benji and Michael off at the cafeteria because they wanted breakfast.  But Timmy was just ready to go to his school.  We went to the playground and found his teacher.  And here they are.  She is Mrs. Mack.  She has a hubby and a baby boy and are from like Washington or something, so not related to the Macks here.  (If they were related to the ones here they'd be related to Jeremy.)

Poor Timmy.  I had them facing the sun first for the pictures, and his eyes still didn't want to open after I had them turn.  Ha!  But he was so happy to be there, and so far it's going great.  Yesterday he came home from school and ran around making noise like he does, and then he came and told me that some kids were scared to sit on the balloons at school to pop them because they were afraid it would hurt.  And then he laughed.  I guess they had a balloon-popping game.  He doesn't seem fazed (Did you know that's an actual word?  I always thought phased was the correct way to spell it, but apparently, it's not correct in this case.  I looked it up. ;) ) by the length of the day.  He comes home just as happy/crazy as usual.

Benji and Michael seem to be doing good as well.  Michael is still quite annoyed with going to school, but he did choose to go to public school, so...  I think it's just his preteenness showing.  I think that's why he's annoyed with school.  He has things he enjoys about it too, like being in the same class as some of his best friends.  Also, we've been talking with Michael about his little "girlfriend."  They're not technically boyfriend and girlfriend, but what do you call it when they meet up somewhere?  That's a date.  That makes it awkward.  How is it different if they go hang out at each other's houses?  Hmmmm...  She is his best friend, and I'm glad because she is quite a nice girl.  But hmmmm...  Also, he decided to drop clarinet and learn cello this year.  I don't think he'll regret it.  I wonder if he'll ever decide to do band again.  We'll just roll with it for now.  Cello is awesome.  I learned a bit of cello for my class strings in college, and I loved how the sound just vibrated through me because you're basically hugging it.  So cool.  But now I do need to go in and return the clarinet we've been renting.

Benji is pretty excited to be in 8th grade.  He feels so grown up.  And he is one good-looking fella.  Yesterday he was assigned a slideshow about himself for his computer class.  So he was putting in pictures of himself talking about his "handsomeness that doesn't ever end."  Ha ha!  That's pretty much Benji at this point.  He tells me everyday, "I'm a big boy.  I'm a good boy."  He says those things in a silly voice, but he says them like he needs the validation.  So I validate him on that.  Of course.  He also LOVES it when I ask him to make dinner.

And so far that's about it.

No comments: