Friday, August 11, 2017

The Store

I just got back from taking 3 little kiddos to The Store.  (Dun-dun-dunnnnnn!)  Normally, I try to go by myself, but this time the kiddos hadn't been anywhere in like 5 days, so I took pity on them and took them with me.  This time, though, it was payday, and so we were out of like EVERYTHING.  So we were all over the store, and in between Bubby in the cart sitting on everything and Henry in the seat grabbing/biting everything, the bottom of the cart was full of things to keep away from them.  And then the cart got too full, so I had to let Bubby out, which he takes as his cue to explore every inch of the store.

And then I was heading to checkout with my FULL cart, and the lady said, "Why don't you try our new checkout lanes with conveyor belts?  They're open now!"  It was that or wait in line with Henry grabbing things out of the cart and Jill and Bubby running every which way.  So I unloaded everything on the belt, and as I did the lady decided to show Jill and Bubby how to scan things and put them in the bags.  I wondered how many things I'd end up with off the impulse racks that they did not OK with me before scanning.  (Luckily, though they grabbed several things off the racks, I don't think they scanned any of it.)  And with them scanning things they still needed help bagging things, and Bubby was sitting on the bagging area with a bag in his lap trying to shove things in.  And Henry was still sitting there hoping to grab things.  After fifty thousand utterances of "put that back - I'm not buying it today" we were finally done and everything was all loaded in the cart.  We headed out to the car with like the heaviest bag of all in one of my hands because Henry wouldn't hold still and it kept squishing his legs when I put it next to him in the seat.  And then we got to the car and found the back it full of things waiting to go be donated.  Uggggghhhh...  I let out an audible sob and started throwing it all in the backseat.  Not cool.

Well, anyway, we made it home.  I'm just left shaking my head, saying, "Why do I do this to myself?!"  I forgot several things, and it all cost so much.  It's discouraging.  Thank heavens my wonderful hubby just shrugs his shoulders and says, "We have a lot of people."  And thank heavens for bananas because they're pretty much my favorite, especially cold.  And when you get them fresh from Walmart they are cold, and eating them on the way home is like the best thing ever.

No comments: