It's the middle of the night, but I just wanted to document some amazing little things in our little lives here.
First of all, my Dad was in a bike wreck last night and broke his hand in a few places. I'm not sure I feel 100% comfortable throwing this out on the web, but I have been praying all day for him. I figure if somebody else reads this and prays too, so much the better. Eitherway, this is something in my life that I'm thinking about, and I've got to talk about it somewheres. He will hopefully be able to get to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and they'll figure out what needs to be done. I love my Dad so much. It pains me to think of him in pain, and I just pray that all will be made right.
Second, it thrills me to no end to see my little Timmy walking all over with his hands in the air lately. He is now walking more than he crawls. It's so amazing to watch that cute little tiny guy toddling around. He toddles across the room and then falls over. And then he stands right back up without needing to grab anything. He just pushes himself off the floor and toddles around some more. It is so darn cute.
Third, Jill's desire to avoid clothes has hit an all-time high. The last couple of days have seen her in varying states of undress. The problem now is that she wants to dress herself. She wants to decide what she's going to wear, and she prefers to put it on herself. She also changes her mind repeatedly before she can even get dressed. Today she found a laundry pile and tried on a bunch of the clothes. She put on one of Hyrum's t-shirts and came to show me because she thought it was so funny how big it was on her. Then she tried Michael's sleeper top, but she couldn't get her head through the arm hole and was really frustrated. She scattered that pile around the room and had a heyday. Yesterday we took her to Walmart in her silky nightgown because that was what she chose and I decided it was more important for her to be happily clothed than screaming and naked. She doesn't even want to wear a diaper lately. In a house full of boys I don't feel that I should allow that. Goodness, this is a hard stage sometimes! She so wants to be independent, but she's not quite big enough. But she's amazingly cute and her little smile melts my heart.
And, boy, is Jill amazing at testing her limits lately too! I'm a little afraid of the teenage years I have ahead. What in the world will I do with so many teenagers testing limits and pushing buttons? But it's neat to think of all the joys that are ahead, and those are what matter most anyway.
I'm thankful for my amazing and loving Heavenly Father for letting me try and try again and loving me all the way. I'm thankful for all the experiences He sends my way and for my beautiful family. I'm thankful to know that He listens and cares. Truly, our God is a good God.
1 comment:
I like what you said: "I decided it was more important for Jill to be happily clothed than screaming and naked." I love it! HaHaHa! :D Jill is just like you were at this age, only you were much more sneaky about it. I would put you down for a nap and thought you were sleeping so good. NO! You were trying on everything in the dresser! One time I went in and found you with ten layers of clothes on! Don't worry about her teenage years. The cops only brought you home once. :P
Thanks for your prayers for Daddy. He's doing okay and we're going to the Dr soon today! We'll keep you posted. Love ya!
Post a Comment