Friday, September 23, 2011

Timmy

My little fella is sure growing. But he still hates it when I leave the room. He cries and follows me if I don't take him with me, and then he cries until I pick him up or distract him. He also hates it when I do any sort of cleaning or cooking. He stays right on my heels crying. Poor little fella. If I start to clean the living room, for example, he drops at ever he's doing and starts following me. He follows me around in circles getting more and more worked up as I run around putting things away. And heaven forbid I should have to take anything upstairs!that's the absolute worst! ;) I feel so sad for him, but I never know what to do for him. I think he must be learning to push buttons. Distractions only work sometimes and I can only carry him when I'm doing some kinds of cleaning. Yeah, vacuuming and loading the dishwasher are pretty hard to do one-handed (darn vacuum cord!).

Although, Timmy does like it when I load and unload the dishwasher. He finds it pretty fascinating. He crawls over and tries to climb on the door and then he takes the silverware out one piece at a time and inspects it. Ooooh, and the dirty dishes! They are so interesting! Silly boy. I can distract him then, though. If I take him in the living room and sit him down with a toy and turn on The Wiggles or Baby Signing Time he will sit there spellbound while I finish up in the kitchen. I sure love that little one. Oh,and he's getting shaggy on the back of his head. I love that too.

No comments: