Today marks a momentous occasion. Today I decided for the upteenth time that I absolutely could not stand my diaper bag any more. It's pretty darn dumb. (It's another that fits in the category "bags that I have made thinking they would turn out awesome, but did not live up to expectations in the slightest.") I made it using a pattern from one of those crafty web sites I like. The example looked so cute I just had to try it. The only problem is that I didn't have the stabilizer they called for, so instead of holding its messenger bag shape it more often than not resembles a sausage with a shoulder strap attached to the ends. And not only that, but it's a leaky sausage that spills its contents out both ends. Argggh!I've been dealing with it for surely more than 6 months. But I finally decided that today was the day that I would clean it out and replace it with the one I got from Time Out for Women this year.
You're probably all (all 1 of you? XD) wondering why in the world I continued to lug it around for so long. Well, it all has to do with a few of the contents of said bag. Every time I opened it I giggled on the inside because it's just funny that they were there. I have no idea how they got in there, but I figure it has something to do with our move. As you can guess from the picture above, yes, these items are indeed a screwdriver, a plastic spoon, and one of Jill's toothbrushes. I knew it would be just too silly to move them to the new bag, so I put off swapping bags until now. But now the dirty deed is done and I feel a little sad about. These items have been removed to more appropriate places, and so, brothers and sisters, I'm calling for a moment of silence to commemorate this momentous, if a little sad, occasion. No longer will I look into my dipaer bag and giggle. Sad times.

No comments:
Post a Comment