Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Timmy and Joshua

Timmy has learned to say a few more words.  He was saying "bunny" this morning and holding Jill's bunny.  Today I sat him on my lap to get a bite of my food, and he turned his head and said no.  Then it was like a light went on in his head and he suddenly understood what no meant, so he smiled big and kept repeating it and throwing in a bunch of gibberish for good measure. 

Another thing Timmy has learned to say is, "Me! Me! Me! Me!"  Except that when he says it he squishes it together so it's more like, "Mememememe!"  He says it when he wants something.  He points his hand in the direction of whatever he wants (usually water - he asks for that a lot) and makes the sign for milk while exclaiming his little exclamation.  He also says "cracker." (Cah-cah-cah-cah.)

He's also getting very clever.  I don't give him cereal in his milk anymore because he just dumps it out.  This morning his brother and sister got cereal to eat.  I gave Timmy pretzels becaue I didn't want cornflakes all over the floor again.  But the little fella wouldn't stand for that.  He ran back in the living room exclaiming, "Mememememe!" until I got him a bowl of cornflakes too.

And Timmy has been drooling a lot and has been a little more fussy than usual.  Maybe he's teething at the same time that he's dealing with effects from his shots almost a week ago.  I don't know, but I don't dare try to check for new teeth trying to come in.  Every time I do he immediately bites my finger, and he bites hard!  Of course he can't just open his mouth for me to look.  Silly boy!  And lately, his favorite pasttime while I'm at the computer is to climb up on the chair and squeeze his little self behind me and then chew on/yank on my hair.  No wonder it's in such sorry shape lately!  Ow!

Just a minute ago Jeremy was lifting weights a bit in the living room, and when he was done Timmy started grunting too and kind of popping up from bending his knees.  Cute fella. :)

In other news, Joshua came home from school yesterday and told me that his testing for AS started!  He said the guy that does it is really nice and it sounds like it's been a good experience so far.  And he said that he'll get a reward when he's done.  The proctor said that not everybody gets a reward, but that Joshua will.  He was so pleased.  We've prayed for this day to come!  His tests will continue today.  I honestly don't know where it leads from here, but I'm thankful to at least be on the path.  I feel that a lot of good will come of this.

P.S. Joshua did more testing yesterday, and I think he's done with that portion of this process.  He said his reward was 10 mustang bucks.  (Their school mascot is a mustang, and they get mustang bucks for doing good things in school, like turning in homework and stuff.  Then they can spend them at the mustang market or save up for big things like the end-of-the-year party.)  He was pretty pleased and liked the knowledge that it didn't matter if he got anything wrong on these tests.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey try cereal with no milk it is a n easier clean up. I love to hear about how your little family is doing thanks for the posts.

Elynn said...

Timothy is so cute! Can't wait to hear him expressing himself!

Hooray for Joshua! Keep us posted!