It has been such a busy day! I've been on the run most of the day. There has just been so much to do. A couple of those things to do took place at the Health Department. We picked up checks from WIC, and then we moved on to another part of the Health Department to ask about shots for Timmy and Jill. It turned out that Jill doesn't need any, but Timmy needed 5. They happened to have an opening in the schedule, so I took it. I figured I was there anyway. So I chased Jill around and around while we waited. The poor girl was so, so tired. She was being naughty, but I could tell it was just because she was tired. She and Timmy almost escaped from the building several times. Thank heavens you have to go through 2 doors to get outside instead of just one! And Jill also decided that after I took off her jacket she needed to strip down completely. She took off her shoes and socks and eventually got her shirt off too. Stripper! However, we survived the wait.
Then the lady took us back to the room and sat Jill down with some books. She talked to me a lot about the shots before, during, and after giving them. I've never received so much info. except in the sheets they give you that talk about the different shots. I liked it a lot better this way. Anyway, she gave Timmy his five pokes - 2 in one leg, and then one in the other leg and one in each arm. Poor little fella. He started crying like he was so, so emotionally wounded as soon as he got the first poke. I held him close and tried to calm him, but it hurt and he kept getting poked. When he was all done I turned him so I could give him a hug, and he hugged me tight around the neck and just kept crying. Poor little guy. By the time we left the room he wasn't crying, but he was still whimpering and clinging tight to me. He did not like it when I put him in his car seat again.
Jilly carried the jackets for me, and she also got a sticker. The lady gave her one to give to Timmy later. She said, "I think this is Ernie. Do you want to hold this Ernie sticker for you brother until he feels better?" It wasn't Ernie. It was Bert. But I didn't say so. ;)
We also had scouts today. We started building bird houses for Mother's Day. I helped Benji. He was determined to finish the whole thing in one sitting, but we didn't have time. Jill and Timmy tried to help too. Jill found the front of one and tried to hammer a peg into it, and Timmy kept grabbing nails out of the nail bucket. So helpful!
We have one hour between the time we get home from Benji's scouts and time for Joshua's scouts. I hurried and made spaghetti and we jumped in the car again to take Joshua. And in just a few more minutes it'll be time to go get him.
One other thing I did today was meet Jeremy for lunch at SUU. He had another speaker and luncheon there, so I took the 3 younger kiddos to my visiting teacher's house and met Jeremy for the lunch. The speaker was Dian Thomas, and, goodness, I liked her! I really wished that I could sit and chat with her one-on-one because she was so interested in everybody in the room and so interesting to listen to. She talked about how to write an article and a lot about how to promote yourself. And she talked a little about how you can promote yourself while still being the humble person our faith requires. I thought that was interesting. She has written some books and been on different TV shows. I walked out of there feeling inspired. It was just so neat.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad about the possibility of moving instead of being able to go for my degree here. I think I've been accepted to the university, and the thought is scary but exciting. I was really looking forward to the possibility. But the reality is that we're going to need a job when Jeremy gets back from Paris, and who knows where that will take us? I really shouldn't have gotten so excited about the idea in the first place, but it's exciting to have something to look forward to. You all should know by now that I just love having little projects. I've always got something going. This was a project I was looking forward to. I guess we'll see what happens.
1 comment:
Whew! You're a busy lady! I'm so glad you got to go to Dian Thomas's class! Daddy has a book by her and she also writes for Meridian magazine online. I like her too! I bet it was great in person! I'm glad you have applied to SUU, just in case you get to stay there. If not, the Lord will open the way where ever you go!
Post a Comment