Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Some More Videos

I thought I was done putting videos up on here, but then some things happened that I just had to share.

I told you that Hyrum and Benji like to do our Richard Simmons DVD, right?  Well, they were talking about doing it last night after home evening.  Jill caught on and started asking to do the "dancing girl movie."  We couldn't figure out what she was talking about until she found it in our collection.  Yep, apparently Richard Simmons is the dancing girl.  We had a good laugh about that. 

Well, after FHE it was getting too late, so we sent the older 4 boys to bed.  But Jeremy was up watching a show, and Jill and Timmy won't go to bed if there's a light on in the house.  So when Jill turned on the dancing girl movie I didn't object, especially because the volume was on low.  So I sat and watched Jill doing the moves, and she was following along pretty good!  And then Timmy came and started doing it too.  I about died of the cuteness!  They both did pretty good.  So there is that video.

Then this morning Michael said, "Mommy, I'm in the talent show today.  You have to bring my skates and then take them home after."  What?!  I had seen a note about a talent show, but he wanted to do it with someone, and I didn't know how we'd ever work that out.  I didn't give it a second thought.  Apparently, though, I didn't need to sign anything.  Michael just needed to talk to the lady in the library to sign up.  At first I kind of freaked out, but then I realized that this could be a very good thing.  So I went with it.  I got my little ones out of bed and in the car and we went to that talent show.  Michael was so glad to see us.  And he felt all fancy putting on his skates.  The kids in his class exclaimed at how cool they were.  (They are roller blades that I got at DI and gave him for Christmas.  Good golly, I thought I wrote that story on the blog.  I guess not.  We can just say that our bishop pretty much made Christmas possible for us this year by giving us money to shop at DI.) He went on up there and when it was his turn he skated around and around on the stage until they closed the curtain.  And then he came to sit by us again and the kids in his class told him he did awesome. :) I liked that.  And I hugged him and told him I was proud of him.  He still wished that Alanna would have done it with him, but he was still pretty pleased.  His teacher was surprised when she learned that I didn't know he was going to be in it until this morning.  She apologized over and over and said that he's been coming out of his shell more lately and it's been fun for her to see.  "I guess we'll just see what he does," she said. 

Anyway, we were at the school for about two hours in all.  It was pretty enjoyable.  There were lots of kids who danced, with and without music.  There were a bunch of little girls who sang.  One of them sang with her dad while he played the guitar.  It was pretty sweet.  Overall, the show was pretty entertaining.  (Yes, I admit that I laughed.  That was some pretty... uh... amazing talent. ;)  Jill climbed all over the tables behind and in front of us and ate her Cheerios.  She and her brothers finished off my TicTacs.  And Timmy stayed put on my lap for the entire show.  I was impressed!

I was glad that we went.  I think Michael felt special, and he really enjoyed sitting with me.  That is always worth it.  And Jill and Timmy seemed to enjoy themselves too.

No comments: