So, what's the big deal, you might ask? Why did I make the blog private? The answer, of course, is Elizabeth. No doubt about that. There are lots of little details that I really don't want to rehash. In short, though, she's been spreading lies about us and now has her family mad at us. She has hurt my feelings pretty badly. And every time we try to help her she screws things all around and makes herself look like a victim again. I have been scared out of my mind that perhaps her family would retaliate in some way. All of this combined together has, I guess, taught me an important lesson that I hope you guys can learn too and save your own hides: never, ever, ever, ever try to help people who fall into this category of stupidity. To say it's not worth the effort is a serious understatement.
And so with all of this insecurity floating around in my life I found it necessary to close this blog to the public. I am very sad to do it, and I wrestled with the decision for days. This blog was never meant to be private. But during those days I also hopped on the blog and took down some things I'd said about Elizabeth. Maybe they weren't all nice but they were all true. I realized, though, that, blast it all, this is my blog! This is my place to say what I want to say! I have no desire to turn this blog into a hate-fest. Not only would that be counter-productive, but I need to remember the name of the blog and blog about that happy things. It's not that bad things don't happen. It's that I want to choose to remember the happy ones. And so I think I may be done talking about Elizabeth here for quite a while. And in the end, the decision to close the blog to the public was a no-brainer as it gave me some control in my life and a better sense of security. Knowing Elizabeth and having a bit of experience with her family, even if I were to not talk about Elizabeth they'd still get mad because they all twist things around. And really, that just, once again, makes me feel really sad for them. They will never have happy or fulfilling lives unless they change. And change does not seem very likely. It is just really sad. They need help but they will not be helped. And if you try to help they'll make it look like you're hurting them.
Anyway, I am moving on. I am focusing on my family. I'm going to replace those things that I said because I had a real purpose in saying them. I'm fixing what I can fix. I am even doing a few home improvement projects and dreaming up things to make for baby Brom. I am talking through things and focusing on the fact that things get better and that Jesus really can heal my heart. He's done it before, after all. Thank you all for being my friends. I've been so thankful for your friendship and your fresh perspectives on things in my life. I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment