Friday, September 13, 2013

I know, I know.  I hear ya: "What are you doing here on Blogger today of all days?!"  Well, I should think the answer to that is pretty obvious.  I'm blogging.  Duh!

I feel like I should be writing a letter to my soon-to-be-born son, but for some reason I feel like waiting this time.  Maybe I'll do it in the hospital.  I think that's what I did with Timmy.

I keep thinking about how our world is going to be turned upside down again.  I have actually been feeling apprehensive about it.  In fact, I spent most of yesterday feeling apprehensive.  I'm not sure how it's going to be trying to take care of 7, let alone home school 4 while making sure the younger 3 are happy, fed, and clean diapered.  That and my house was a disaster.  It's a lot better now.

So yesterday morning I sat down and made a list of all the assignments the boys have that will fall due on Sunday.  (They have to do work samples once a month.)  It wasn't a huge list, but it sure took some doing!  And on top of work samples, Joshua had some testing for National Math Lab.  He protested pretty good about that.  (I'm not doing National Math Lab!)  I think he has a tendency to fear the unknown quite a bit sometimes.  He was way worried about those pretests, and he fussed about them for a good hour while getting them done at a snail's pace.  But then he suddenly realized that he knew how to do most of it, so he did.

Anyway, I am not kidding when I tell you that school took all day yesterday.  We were at it with Joshua and Benji until about 7:30 PM.  I really had planned to cut school short and make up later so that I could get some work done.  In the end, I did get some laundry done, and I did bathe the little ones because Timmy pooped up his back.  Of course, I didn't realize he'd pooped up his back until I laid him on my bed to change him.  We ended up with a nice, long poop stripe on the bottom sheet. Thanks, buddy! ;) Anyway, we did get school work done.  I made the boys clean up after dinner because I'm mean, but really it made me feel so much better.  And we got everyone packed.  It was midnight when I climbed into bed.  That wasn't how I pictured the day going at all, but, well, things often don't come out how you picture them.

I kept thinking all day yesterday, too, about how today I won't get food until who knows when.  I had to stop eating (can't even have water) at midnight.  My tummy is already gurgling.  We show up at the hospital at 10:30, and surgery is at 12:30.  No food all day really is in the forecast.  They will give me an IV, and that will help some, but sometimes it doesn't help all the way.  And after we show up I get to sit in a super hard triage bed for 2 hours before getting poked in the back and cut open.  Pretty disturbing.  Take it from me, guys - don't have a C-section if you don't have to.

So yeah, I was worried about all that.  And Jeremy came home happy and excited.  I didn't quite understand how he could be happy and excited with school still left to finish and dinner to figure out and the house to clean and the kiddos to pack and everything that will happen today.  But this morning I woke up and got in the shower and thought about how today I'm going to kiss my sweet new baby boy, and that made me cry.  I think I'm ready for this.  (Well, that and the last couple of nights have been kind of hard and left me pretty sore - just trying to sleep while being huge.)

I'm not sure what is going to happen.  Part of me suspects this may be my last baby, but part of me always suspects that since Michael.  I suppose we'll see.  But I do feel thankful for this opportunity. I feel at peace about the thought of maybe being done.  We will see what happens.  If I'm done, I may be kind of sad, but my body has done a pretty dang good job and I have a truckload of beautiful, wonderful children to show for it.

OK, last thing.  Last night I went to the store because we hadn't had dinner and I had nothing quick to make.  People keep being surprised seeing me out and about when I have such a short time left.  Well, last night was no different.  There was a lady standing by the ice cream (I just needed ice cream all day yesterday), and she said the usual:  "When are you due?  You look tired!"  She was surprised that I was out shopping right then, of course.  Then her friend came down the aisle and said, "Man!  That's a big baby!  Are you having twins?"  She said it in such an excited tone.  It made me laugh.  Then the first lady told her to get out of the way so I could get my ice cream.  It was awesome.  :) And the funny part is that I was feeling huge just before I left for the store, but then I took a picture because I hadn't taken a belly picture yet.  I looked at the picture and thought, "Well, maybe I'm not so big."  But then I went to the store and was informed.  Ha, ha!

Well, guys, catch ya later.  Gonna go have a baby.

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

Prayers and thoughts with you, your family, your new little man, and the Drs. I can't wait to hear that everything is good and all are healthy and happy!