Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oops

It's really silly how often I forget to write about the big things and end up rambling on forever about the small things.

Here's one:  Jeremy started a new job last Friday. He is working for Southeastern Arizona Behavioral Health Services (SEABHS) here in Globe.  He'll be helping counsel people young and old who have behavioral health problems.  It sounds like a stressful job to me, and he's not allowed to talk to me about it for privacy reasons.  Poor guy.  He's going to have to rely on his coworkers for that - working around their schedules.  Another thing about this job is that it kinda pays peanuts.  But it's a job...  We are still praying that we can get out of Globe away from the allergies so Jeremy can breathe, so that means that, of course, we are praying to find a job somewheres else.  For now, though, we are thankful to have a job and to be taken care of here in Globe.  God knew what He was doing sending us here, and I'm thankful.

Then last weekend (I think it was Friday night) I was rocking Jill in my bedroom and Jeremy was in the bathroom with Timmy kicking away at the door.  Those stupid sliding doors!  They get a lot of abuse, and that makes them prone to getting stuck a bit.  Whoever thought that sliding doors were a good idea should be strung up by his toes.  (Because that person is the same person who did his own wiring and plumbing that all really needs replaced.  Thanks a lot!)  Anyway, Jeremy came out to get Timmy to stop, and in the process something on the floor gouged a deep trench in the ball of his foot.  We're still not sure what it was.  My guess is a carpet tack or something.  I've felt something poky there with my foot before, but I've never been able to find it when I go looking.  Either way, it has been horrible.  I thought I really should take him to get stitches, but he said no.  He bandaged it up with pads from the first-aid kit and all the sports tape we had.  A few hours later, blood had soaked through the pads and a bunch of layers of tape.  (He had bandaged a little too tightly and his pinky toe was going numb, so he had to rip it all off in the middle of the night.)  He bandaged it again and this time was a little better.  For a few days he and I both were hobbling around.  For me that is the norm of late due to this little guy who is getting huge inside me.  To have both of us hobbling was quite a change.  He is doing some better now.  He's been changing the bandages every day.  The cut is still pretty deep, he says (I still haven't seen it).  It helps to have it bandaged and keep his socks and shoes on.  It doesn't hurt nearly as much that way.  I just hope it'll be ok.  I still think I should have made him go get stitches!  Oh, well...  They probably would have given him a tetanus shot as well.  Wouldn't that be fun?

So there you go - 2 things going on with Jeremy that somehow I forgot to write up yesterday.  It's funny, too, because I've had this mental list going of all the things I needed to write about, and these were at the top of the list.  But then I sat down to write and my mind pretty much went blank.  I think there's even one more thing I am missing.  Hopefully I'll remember eventually. 

No comments: