I mentioned that I cooked ham on Sunday, right? Well, Benji is obsessed with it! He counts down time til the next meal so he can fry up some more. Silly boy! In reality, though, I worry for him sometimes. Sometimes it seems like he lives to eat. I need to help him find something else to be passionate about. I do like that he enjoys food so much. I know I do. But, ya know...
Another thing I worry about with Benji is his whining. He pouts a lot and whines about doing his job and school and then takes forever to do it. It is so sad to me. He was such a happy baby and toddler. I'm not sure what went wrong. I keep wondering if school had a hand in squelching his innate happiness. I am scratching my head and trying to figure out how to help him.
PS Maybe I'm just whining. Don't think for a minute that I don't think he is a great guy. I honestly am just worried. I want him to succeed.
I have been compiling a few things to further the cause of making sure the boys are up to par in case they go back to public school next year. I'm not sure what all to do. I think they'll be just fine with math. We've been working on it. I'm wondering about reading and writing for Michael mostly. I hate to think about following the state standards, but of they're going back to public school they have to be up to snuff. You'd think that was a good thing, but these days I am leaning way closer to the notion of following and helping shape their interests and teaching things when they're actually ready for them instead of forcing upon them whatever the state thinks is important (that they are going to forget anyway).
We stayed up and watched the lunar eclipse last night. Now we're all tired and a tad on the grouchy side. It was pretty spectacular, though. :) It worried Hyrum, though. He remembered the scripture about the moon and the Second Coming and went inside and cried. Poor guy. He really worries about the Second Coming. I reminded him that as long as we're trying to do what we should (and we are!) we're going to be just fine.
Benji and Michael switched beds yesterday because Buster kept getting on Michael's bed every morning. Benji wasn't happy to be switched to the bottom. I'm happy for Michael, though. No fun to be woken up by someone else's dog. And another nice thing was that from where Benji was laying he could see the blood moon. (That sounds so gross. I wish I hadn't given in to peer pressure and said it.)
Brom is actually napping! He's been asleep for like an hour and a half! It's funny. It makes me wonder if I'm just not hearing him or if he's sick or something. He's probably just tired from last night.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Such fun pictures (and strong resemblances)! My kids recently discovered honkin and I just love it! We can't go far or fast, but it feels great to GO. :)
And I just commented on the wrong post somehow. ?? I meant to comment on the one from today (Wednesday) with the pictures. Ha ha sorry!
Post a Comment