Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Thoughts on Tuesday

Hooray for one-handed typing while nursing, right? :D You know, when we were playing World of Warcraft I used to play in dungeons while nursing. Shhh! Don't tell or the groups I played with might growl at me. Ha ha! Just kidding. Actually, I usually followed quest lines instead of doing dungeons because this one time I was with a group and they were all very rude to me and joked that I was a gay guy or something. And another time I was healing and the tank ran ahead and left the rest of us with bad guys killing us, and then he said I was a worthless healer. Stupid guy! If you leave your group the healer can't heal you, and the other members of the party are simply not equipped to tank. Totally not my fault. Anyway, I guess my skin still isn't very thick. Therefore, I did comparatively few dungeons. And the ones I did do I tried to mostly do with the guild because they were all very nice, even if I messed up. :) Now we're playing Rift. It's a lot like WoW except it's free. And we don't play it as often. I like about it that you can jump in and out of groups to do things, and unless you go in a dungeon or something you don't even have to talk to each other. You just run around whacking baddies together. And with the size of an Instant Adventure mob nobody cares if your DPS is high or low. And I think it's fun having all of us playing because we all help each other and work together. It's great. :)

Phew! Where did that all come from?

Ok, what I really wanted to talk about is the job situation. We still haven't been able to get ahold of anybody at SUU. I guess we're still waiting, but at this point it's not looking too likely that he'll get it. That is kind of a bummer.

However, yesterday when Jeremy was out at the college, Dean Cullen told him that there will likely be a full-time position out there next semester. It would be teaching building trades, but it sounds like he still might teach business classes as well. Sounds like a lot of work, but some good experience! We're not sure 100% that it will come available, but we are hoping! It sounded like if Jeremy wants it and there is indeed a job vacancy then he can just have it. Dean Cullen is a nice guy, and he's actually been trying to figure out how to get Jeremy teaching full-time out there since we moved back.

And one more thing. Remember how spring here is so miserable for Jeremy? Well, one day he was reading online and found a study that some doctors did with Chinese herbs on asthma patients. They used a combination of 3 herbs, and apparently it worked. One of the herbs is a mushroom. Jeremy was able to get some in capsules from a store online, and, by golly, they do help! It's amazing! He's doing better overall than he was even when it wasn't allergy season! He had been using his nebulizer a few times a day even before the full allergies kicked in, but now he only has to use it a few times a week! (The nebulizer is stronger than the inhaler, and so he uses it when it starts to get too much for the inhaler.) Such an incredible blessing! I'm so thankful!

Anyway, yes, we're still hoping to go back to Cedar City, but maybe it's not time yet. It looks like things are working toward us staying here, and that is usually a good indicator that it's the right thing for now.

No comments: