Monday, November 24, 2014

Random Stuff for Monday

I guess I've been thinking about family history since that Temple dedication last week.  I finally got my buns over to ancestry.com and signed up.  It's such a different format I'm not sure what to do with it.  If I add people to my tree then we'll have another set of duplicates.  I really only spent a few minutes on there before the little leaves on my tree drove me nuts and I got off.

I also hopped onto my family tree at familysearch.com today and looked over my children.  I looked and looked.  Now that Brom has been blessed his name is listed with our family on the ward directory at lds.org.  (He has an official church record!)  But he still wasn't listed on my tree.  It's been bugging me for a year.  I decided I was done being bugged and just added him.  And then I looked at my children again and they were all out of order.  I did Google searches and stuff, trying to figure out how to change the order of my children.  I came up with nothing and was getting frustrated until I realized that more than half of them didn't have birthdates listed.  No wonder!  Well, that's fixed now.  I wonder if Brom will be added later and I was just jumping the gun and will have to merge him later.  And I wonder how in the world I can say, "BIC!" so people know he is sealed to us.  I know nobody but Jeremy and I can see him at all right now, but I like to have those things in order. :) I guess I just leave it as-is for now.

I also have 2 sealings to parents that need done.  And I need to figure out when Jeremy and I can get to the Temple and do those!  And we need to take Hyrum and Joshua to do baptisms again.  Joshua hasn't been to the Mesa Temple, so I'd like to take him there.  That would be awesome!  We ought to see if Joe can come too.

Thanksgiving is coming!  I have a turkey in the fridge thawing out, and I'm so darn excited!  I've got a list of food to buy, and I think I'll probably go get it today because I don't think I can wait any longer!  On Wednesday I want to get corn bread (for stuffing), rolls, and pies made, and then on Thanksgiving we'll make the rest after getting family pictures and going for a hike.  Also, Aaron wants us to do a family fun run thing.  It doesn't really work out for me to actually do much on the track if I go there with children, so I don't know about that one.  Last time I just sent Jeremy, and he won.  It should be interesting this year since Jeremy, Aaron and I all have hurt feet.  But we should be hiking Round Mountain and getting a new family picture either way. :) And then we'll have Thanksgiving dinner.  This year Hyrum is assigned to make rolls, Michael wants to make the mashed potatoes, and Benji wants to do two kinds of stuffing.  How am I supposed to complain about 2 kinds of stuffing? ;) Joshua doesn't want to do anything, so maybe I'll make him do sweet potatoes. XD Just kidding.  I should have him inject the turkey.  He ought to think that's fun.  Last year he saw me stuffing herbs and butter under the turkey's skin and thought that was disgusting, so I'll make him do that and clean out the giblets and neck too.  Ha ha ha ha ha!

Did I mention here that my boys have been going nuts making bread?  Hyrum made some, so Benji and Michael needed to try.  I found a recipe on allrecipes.com (that's where I always look first) and handed it to Benji, and he made it without a hint of help from me.  And the next day he taught Michael how to make it.  It came out great!

That's blue food coloring, not mold!
 

Yum!
 

Timmy turned 4 last Wednesday!  He got Wreck-it Ralph!  (He used to call it "Weck-it Balph," but now it's "Wocket Welph.")
 

I made this cake.  It's  little lopsided, but it came out all right, and he liked it. :) It was yummy too!  Well, I didn't really eat the frosting, but that's normal - unless it's chocolate frosting.  I have a wonderful recipe from chocolate buttercream.  Too bad I couldn't use it for this cake. ;) But the cake was good!
 

Timmy wasn't too interested in presents after a while.  He got a Hulk hand and a ninja to bop with it, and he just had to take a break from presents.  He got a lot of things that he loved, though, and he had a great time.  I was so glad!
 
I've decided I probably won't do a whole lot of proofreading on the next few books I make.  I just don't seem to have the time.  And remember that new book I had printed?  Well, within the first day I found two typos.  So why bother anyway? ;) I'm not bitter about it.  I just don't have time and have found an excuse to skip it.

3 comments:

Elynn said...

You can call me anytime Christine! The reason your kids are out of order is because they are living. They don't put vital info on them until they die and their membership record goes to SLC. About the only time you need to put a living person in the system is when you need to bridge a gap between generations. Maybe the Ward Membership Clerk hasn't made Timothy a child of record yet. Ask him about it because he needs to have a membership record number. I keep a software (Legacy or Roots Magic, etc.) to keep track of my living people and all of their important stuff. :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Looks like you've got lots of helpers in the kitchen! Have fun!

klutzy k said...

Great job on that cake! I'm gonna need that chocolate buttercream recipe. Ooh, and that cowboy casserole or whatever you call it that you had at Michael's baptism. Mmmm. I love that your boys cook! Bread, even! BLUE bread! So great. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Christine said...

Brom does have a membership record number. He's listed in our ward directory, and I can see his number there. But he wasn't listed on Family Tree for some reason. Some of my children had birthdates listed, but not every one of them. Now they all do. Maybe I shouldn't put it there. Hmmmm...
Here's the recipe for the frosting: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/creamy-chocolate-frosting/detail.aspx
And to make cowboy casserole you brown some meat. I do 2 lbs. of hamburger. Then you mix that with corn. I do 3 cans, drained. You put the meat and corn on the bottom of a casserole dish. And then you put mashed potatoes or potato pearls on top. I always use potato pearls. And some cheese. I just pop it in the oven until the cheese is melted and call it good. :)