I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! It's been bopping around in my head for months, and now it's bopping around more persistently. I'm not sure who all is coming to have it with us, but we're having it in our new house in Thatcher. Do you want to come? :D
Timmy has been really working on writing his letters lately. He writes his name really well. Sometimes when he sees someone writing something he says, "How about a T and a I and a M and a M and a Y?" Also, a year or two ago Jill drew a big picture of our family for FHE on the back of an old Gila County Assessor map that's now scratch paper (It's nice when Jeremy can bring scratch paper home :) ), and it was on the wall in the hall for a long time, but now it's right by my computer. It says "Our Family" at the bottom, but "our" is really little, so what stands out is "Family." We hadn't really pointed it out at all, but one day Timmy was drawing, and he wrote the word family, looking up at the picture to know which letters to write. Then he came to show me his picture and he said, "Does this say family?" I was so proud! How did he have any idea what that said? It makes me think he would do better with the whole word method of learning to read than just phonics. I should start labeling things around the house. :)
Bubby has been showing just how 2 he is. He was always such a happy boy, but man! 2 is hard! He mostly is still happy, but when he gets hungry or tired he gets so bent out of shape. It's just awful. It makes me hope and hope for this stage to pass. At the same time, though, most of the time he's just happy and cute. :) He does say words, too, but most of what he says is babbling. When he's upset with us (but not too tired or too hungry) he scolds us in gibberish. It's so funny! Hyrum used to talk gibberish like that when he was little too. He would come up to me and carry on a conversation all in gibberish with plenty of expression in his voice. It was so cute! On the one hand I felt like I should worry that he wasn't actually using more words, but on the other hand I kind of decided that that was just how Hyrum was at that point and that he'd catch up eventually. He did, but he still has a few things he says funny. At least he says yolk instead of goyle now. ;)
Bubby has also learned to open the fridge. Dang it! He's always grabbing things out. I think he thinks the syrup is a drink. He gets it all the time. Yesterday he threw it when we told him no, and it spilled on the floor.
I think that's about it for now. I'm behind on Halloween costumes, so I'd better get busy!
1 comment:
Oh my, I thought I gave you enough costumes you wouldn't have to worry about that. That's so great that Timothy is pretty much teaching himself to read & write! HOORAY!!! And there must be somebody telling kids they can act out when they turn two!
Post a Comment