Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pictues - Puzzle Floor and the Fair

I actually have lots of pictures to share (remember - busy September!), so I think I'll do these in a few posts.  It tends to work better that way!

 I got this whiteboard for Jill to practice writing letters on, and Timmy needed a turn too.  I don't know who this is, but he drew it, so I took a picture.  I don't think he knows who it is either.  Ha ha!


This is one of Jill's favorite activities.  When we take Hyrum to the college or Michael to scouts or just whenever we're out she begs met to let her get the mail at the end of the street and then run home. I follow her in the car.  She loves it!  I always wonder if the neighbors think I'm forcing her to do it or something.  I'd say ha ha, except that we know about some of those neighbors, if you remember that one post a few months ago. O_O Well, anyway, she loves it, and it pleases me to see her running along, having such a great time. :) Michael and Benji used to beg to do this, and when they were old enough I just let them run by themselves, so I guess it's Jill's turn to run. ;)


Bubby eating grapes while the guys install the laminate at the Thatcher house


Daddy, Jeremy, and Benji working on the floor
By this time I'd been shopping with Mama to kind of keep the little ones out of the way.  Paul had come to help, and so had Kelly with her knight in shining armor.  It was kind of fun to watch them all work together.  To be honest, though, I think that Paul and Rick kind of took over and really got things going.


After lunch Mama, Kelly, the kiddos, and I washed some walls, and then we took the four younger kiddos to the splash pad at the park up the street.  We'd been to Thatcher so many times and hadn't tried it.  Jill insists that she had a horrible time because she kept getting sprayed, but we all know better. :) They all had a great time!  That's Bubby in the red and Timmy behind him.  I think that Timmy might have gotten more out of this little trip than the others.  He ran back and forth and seemed to relieve a lot of anxiety or whatever he was carrying.  It was great!


Jill, Timmy, Bubby, and Michael


Timmy (snicker, snicker) and Bubby


There's Timmy playing with the red squirt gun again.


Jill had so much fun spinning on this thingy.


Bubby


Michael


Paul and Benji
This is about how far the guys had gone by the time we got back from swimming.  It was awesome! :D


Dad and Rick


Bubby helping


Kelly and Jeremy taping padding in the entryway


Jeremy


Grandpa, Benji, and Timmy


Benji, Timmy, Paul, and Bubby
Timmy was so excited about this floor!  It was like a great big puzzle to him.  He still calls it the puzzle floor, and he says, "I like the puzzle floor!  Do you like the puzzle floor?"  :) I don't remember if I recorded it or not, but the first time he said he liked anything was a few months ago when he said he liked my hair.  (Understatement!)  I was so excited that he'd use those words!  And he's taken off from there.  It's great. :) And before I forget, I'd better record this: Last week we were at the dentist in the valley, and he was playing near some other kiddos, and one of them asked, "What's your name."  He responded, "Timmy."  I know that doesn't seem huge, but it is!  He's never answered that question at all before! :D I think it's because in his mind there was no need to answer, just like there's no need for him to respond or come when I call his name.


Bubby was helping. :) The guys used this level to line up the planks so that they all match up across the whole floor.  We didn't think of doing that in the Globe house.  I think it looks awesome! :D


We've been doing a lot of reading around here lately.  Michael started reading the Harry Potter series a few weeks ago, and Hyrum, who was already in the middle of a different series, dropped what he was reading and followed suit.  It's great!  Benji has also been reading.  He got through the first Harry Potter book and is now reading The Magician's Nephew from the Narnia series. :) I like this picture of Michael. :) Plus, he's a lot nicer to the books than Hyrum is!  Hyrum likes to open them wide on his lap, and that means all the pages soon start to fall out.  Argh!

Before I forget, we've had 2 new babies join the Burk family just recently.  On August 27, Aaron and Kenzie welcomed little Evelynn Olive Burk to their family.  She was blessed the day after that big laminate installation day, but I didn't get any pictures.  I haven't even held her yet!  I think I need to start demanding to hold my new nephews and nieces. ;) Anyway, she's very cute, and I think her name is pretty cute too.  I stole this picture from Facebook.


And here is Jesse John Burk.  He is Joe and BreAnna's boy.  So cute!  He was born September 9.  It sounds like the birth didn't go so well, that the little guy didn't want to come out or something.  They had to use the vacuum to get him out, and if that hadn't worked they'd have had to do a c-section.  Thank heavens it works!  BreAnna was so sore afterwards, though, that she could hardly walk for days.  She's doing better now, though, and the little guy is also doing great. :) 


This is at our dentist in the valley.  We go to see Dr. Welch in Gilbert, who happens to be the husband of Bridget Herring.  Small world, huh?  I had no idea when we started going there.  Anyway, he's a great dentist, and he has lots of toys and even multiple GameCubes.  The kiddos love it.  Here's Bubby playing with the little kitchen the day the 5 younger kiddos got their cleanings.  I'll get Hyrum and Joshua in to the bigger people dentist because they don't want to go here anymore.  That's ok with me.  The other dentist is local.  The pediatric dentists here stink, thus all the trips to Gilbert.  Very much worth it, though!


Bubby was excited that there were French fries. :) He goes crazy about French fries and donuts.  I think those are his favorite foods.  Horrible, huh?  Ate least he does like to eat veggies with his Papa. :) Cute fella! He sure loves his Papa!  When Papa gets home he goes crazy and needs held right away!  And when papa sits down, Bubby has to sit with him, no matter what he's doing.  We joke that that's Bubby's rightful place in the world - on Papa's lap.  He seems to really think so, though. :)


Eating ribbon fries at the fair - yum!  I think this is one of Grandpa's favorite things about the fair, and I think it's one of mine too! :)


We were really close to the stage, and the music was LOUD.  Jill and Timmy didn't like it.  Ha ha!


Timmy and Bubby liked the rabbits.  We saw all kinds of animals, and they thought that was great.


We looked at all the pigs in their pens, and then we watched while some kids worked with these ones in the ring.  I think Timmy liked the pigs better than the other animals, but he was kind of bummed that we didn't go see the cows.


Timmy made Luigi and Mario at Grandma's house. ;)


Grandpa made Jill some lunch, and she ate it right at the edge of the kitchen, watching whatever was on the TV.  My siblings and I used to do that too. ;)


Grandma went with the kiddos and me and bought tickets for rides.  Jill, Timmy, and Bubby rode the carousel.  Bubby was all happy about it...


until the ride started!  Then he clung on to me for dear life for the whole time.


Jill never looked at the camera, but she still looked pretty cute. :)


Joshua really wanted to ride the Zipper, so after these other 3 guys rode the Gravitron they all rode the Zipper.


Hyrum and Benji getting caged in


Joshua and Michael


Joshua was the only one who enjoyed it.  He said he laughed maniacally through the whole thing, partially because Michael and everyone else was screaming.  Ha ha!


No, he's not bawling like it looks like he's doing.  Ha ha!  He's just expressing how much he hated that ride. ;)


Timmy and Jill rode the little roller coaster and loved it!



Timmy had that look on his face the entire time the ride was going.  I couldn't tell if he was happy or scared.  Maybe it was a bit of both, but he really liked that ride.  And after I took these pictures I guess I left my phone app open because I proceeded to take like 11 pictures of Joshua's feet and whatnot.


See that head sticking up in the back near the top of the Ferris wheel?  That's Joshua.  This is the other ride he really wanted to go on.  Nobody would go with him, so we all watched him go around and around.  He never quite smiled, so we figured he was disappointed to be riding alone and maybe not liking it at all, but apparently, he did really like it. :)


There's him in the front in the gray shirt.


Hyrum and Benji rode the Sizzler.  That's them in the gold car.


And Michael wanted to ride the Gravitron again, so Joshua rode with him.  Jill was quite upset when we left instead of letting her get a 3rd ride.  That makes ME laugh maniacally! ;)  Really, it was starting to get later and I was worried about getting on the road.  It was a good time, though. :) Thanks, Mama and Daddy!

No comments: