Hail
Hyrum was put in a threesome. He kept Elder Briggs and they got Elder Bird.
Service
Back at home, I started walking at the track again, and it was starting to get green here and there non the field. In a month and a half, I walked 100 miles. Jeremy and I were having a contest to see who could get to 100 first, walking and running. I won! Anyway, in March, it was windy. I enjoyed spending all the time outside, though.
Eric hardly ever sat down to do his work. This particular day, he stuffed his blanket in his shirt too.
We did a St. Patrick's Day leprechaun surprise drawing. (Look it up under Art for Kids Hub on YouTube. This guy is fun, and he goes through one easy step at a time.) This is Jill's.
Whoa!
Bubby's leprechaun
One day, Timmy was walking with me, and it was a little windy. Suddenly, there was this huge gust of wind, and these port-a-potties blew over. It was hilarious! Because it was softball season, they had set up four port-a-johns on the edge of the track for games, and they left them there for like 2 months.
Benji bought Joshua a Styrofoam head for his birthday, and then he decided it needed at hat, so he made one with tape and cardboard.
Then he painted it fancy. After I took this picture, and after it dried completely, he painted the words black. (It says, "Oh no!")
Susie brought Dawson over to play one day. She loved these baby chickies. :)
We went to the park and had a picnic.
The favorite uncle (Jeremy) helped Dawson make baskets.
Jeremy put chicken wire in the baby chickies' house so they would stay in. Unfortunately, they decided to roost up there, and that bent the wired down, so now they can roost and then slip out anyway. Sigh. I thought it was funny how they all wandered back in while he was working.
Happy 19th birthday, Joshua! We went to see him at Jennifer's house. He has really bonded with this cat, Bobbery.
Obligatory cousin game time
Thomas, Joshua, and Michael
We bought a cake and brought it along. That was easier than making and then bringing one, because this one was already boxed and ready to go. That's a lot of candles!
Benji made sure I got baby wrapping paper for Joshua. 😅
His response was, "What?!" And he laughed. Perfect!
We gave him a fuzzy blanket. Timmy gave him cotton candy, which he shared with the little guys before we left. Bubby and Henry got him candy.
Who's taller - Benji or CJ. I think CJ won. Benji's still the tallest at our house, though.
I got a puzzle to count down until Hyrum got home. I originally had a chart, but when he came home at Covid time, I didn't know what to do with it anymore. When we got down near 50 days, I decided to do this instead. The best I could do was 48, but it worked out nice.
One day I picked up Timmy's flip-flop and realized that both shoes had holes in them. The part where the ball of his foot goes was worn paper thin.
Emmett drawing for Nature Study
Nature Study is great.
Jill made this guy and sat it in Emmett's seat for him to find in the morning. Ha ha! She liked to tease him, and he liked to tease back. It was good fun.
Timmy made a mirror shield.
Benji broke his other chair, so I got him a new, tough one for big and tall men. It cost more, but it was actually worth it. It's a great chair.
Jeremy and I went to the Copper Steer Steakhouse. Someone gave us a gift certificate at Christmas, so we had a nice date. We had to wait like an hour for our food, but it was worth it! This is one of the best burgers I've ever had. For one thing, the bacon had brown sugar and chipotle on it. I picked up the bacon and got it all arranged before closing the burger, and then I licked my fingers and about died of deliciousness. It was just so good. And the rosemary fries were great too. Jeremy got a steak. That was a nice time, even though we waited long.
Someone made this years ago with stuff we had laying around. I don't know who made it, but it's been sitting around for all this time. I finally decided to take a picture and let it go. It's cute.
We got to celebrate Grandpa Badger's birthday with him! I made some apple pies because when I asked what he wanted for his birthday, that's what he said. Grandma made cupcakes. Grandpa let Henry and Bubby do the unwrapping.
Grandma had just had surgery a few days before. The doctor had found stage 1 cancer on her kidney. Thank heavens it didn't spread! It could have been so much worse. The doctor took the whole kidney to be safe.
She was having trouble with the wrap the hospital had given her. It was really irritating her skin. So we got this back brace for her, and it was just the ticket! :)
Someone left their school whiteboard out. I have no idea what's going on here, but Jeremy does like to draw people with dripping noses. Ha ha!
I got sunburned at park day. Ow!
I found the milk! This is a missionary mom tradition - you find the milk that has the date of your missionary's return. :)
Progress!
It was actually kind of hard to get all the pieces lined up without a grid. I did a lot of shifting around and retaping before it was done.
Val was ordained an elder! That was a glorious moment. :)
Stupid gophers! We've got gopher holes all over the yard.
One of my favorite artists is M.C. Escher. He is so fascinating! Did you know that the things he made are mostly prints made from wood cuts and things? Absolutely amazing. Anyway, so I found a tessellation and had the students paint it for a little project to go with it.
One day, Jill came and found me waling at the track. She rode her bike a lot those days. She found mud, so she made a huge mess of it and had a great time. :) Those footprints stayed around for more than a month, even through the grading they do at the track.
We do have the best sunsets.









































































No comments:
Post a Comment