Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heven Help Us

My goodness.  I've noticed over the years that bloggers often misspell cliches and such.  I was just reading a blog today where the writer was talking about somebody putting somebody up on a pedestal, except she spelled it petal stool.  That's one of the worst ones I've come across.  It's crazy because the meaning is lost when people do that.  What does petal stool even mean?  It's also sad that nobody reads anymore.  If they did they'd know how to spell things like that.  Groan.
Also, please know I mean no offense.  It just makes me groan and feel a little sad.  I know some people have a hard time spelling.  It just seems like chiches should be easy to spell unless you don't understand what they are at all.

4 comments:

klutzy k said...

I saw the petal stool post too! I laughed so hard and then I pictured a petaled stool that I could sit on in a garden or orchard and it was just lovely. I thought it would probably smell wonderful and I could sit there and read books and probably my children would want to dance around and play happily or listen to stories I could read from there on my flowered perch and who could blame any of us? No wonder she wanted to be placed on a petal stool. I've decided that I would prefer a petal stool over a pedestal any day. :D

In other...comments, I noticed you're getting closer to your 100 miles! Good for you!! How are your hips doing? I forgot...did you get some good shoes? What kind? Mine are all blown out and atrocious-looking, but I can't bring myself to ordering any without at least trying them on first, ya know?

Happy birthday to Hyrum!

Christine said...

Surely you need some wings, and you need to sing everything you say if you have a petal stool. :)

Yeah, I have had a hard time getting up in the morning to go running, but now the boys have started going to choir twice a week. It's before school. I decided I didn't want to wake up at a different time every day, so I'll go running on the days they don't have choir. :)

I didn't ever get new shoes. I think I'm going to put it off as long as possible. :) Maybe I need some for Christmas. :D I can never come up with anything for that. Mine probably aren't quite as blown out as yours, but they're starting to die.

Kelly Marie said...

You know I really like this blog ALOT! http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Elynn said...

Petal stool! HaHaHa! That's so great the boys are in choir!!! Which boys? Fun! When can they start band? I wanted to comment on the parade in front of your house with the marching band. I love a good band too! Glad you got to be in one and enjoy it!