Just a quickie here. I need to haul those boys outa bed!
Yesterday Jeremy gave me a really nice blessing, and then I went over to DES. I printed all out current bank balances to take with me and brought papers from our rental in Utah as well. (Those bank balances are a huge deal to get ready! Including the kids' savings accounts we have 15 bank accounts that have any money at all in them. Yes, we are crazy. I blame it on Jeremy, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind that. It was his idea. :) Those all turned out to be just what we needed. It turned out that whoever looked over the paperwork we brought in last didn't lose it. He/she simply didn't understand, even though I spelled it out in a signed statement that I brought with the documents. They didn't have time to try to understand, and since they had already asked for the documents they weren't obligated to ask for them again or to even ask for clarification. So there you go.
I went in to DES feeling like I was going to have to fight, but I didn't. The lady was very nice and understanding. We went through everything they were questioning one at a time until she was all satisfied. Then I signed a statement explaining what we discussed and she reinstated us! We are ok! I am very thankful.
It is a blessing, and it is a blessing to see God working in our lives. And though it has been hard to be without a job since June, it has been a blessing to have Jeremy here to help me. And I understand a little more about why we're here. I still hope we can move soon so that Jeremy can breathe and so we can get away from the hordes of bugs we've been dealing with and... well, you know. But I'm thankful for how we have been blessed throughout this hard year, and I am looking forward very much to soon holding my new little guy. I keep wondering if this will be our last. I always wonder that. My poor body has been through a lot and I just wonder every time if I'll come out able to have more babies or not. I do know that Brom is supposed to come to our family, and I'm so pleased that he's almost here! But will Jill ever get a sister? I don't know. But God will take care of the details and it will be ok either way.
And speaking of Jill, I'd better record this before I forget. I think Jill has been paying attention to her mother's aches and pains. Last night she was getting tired, and she started moaning, "Oh, my hip hurts!" I asked her, "Jill, do you know where your hip is?" She said no. Then the rest of the evening she wandered around saying, "My hip hurts! Mommy, do you know where my hip is? Can you help me find my hip?" I think Papa must have tried to explain because she put her hands on her waist and said, "This is my belly. Where's my hip?"
3 comments:
Hahaha! :D Cute Jill!
I'm so grateful that you were blessed to get a nice and understanding person when you went in!
What a relief! I'm so impressed you've been able to keep your wits about you when having to gather up and submit paperwork time after time. And then rejection! At this point in pregnancy and after months without work. I guess that's where faith comes into play. ;)
So excited to meet your new little one! :D
Oh, make no mistake here! I freaked out over this a lot. I think sometimes my purpose of blogging, though, is to let it out and remind myself that it always works out. But that doesn't mean that Hyrum and I didn't cry in the car after reading the letter or that I didn't sit amd sob out of fear before going. And I did make Jeremy give me a blessing. But thank heavens there is always that voice in the back of my head reminding me that Heavenly Father has always got my back as long as I am doing my best. :)
Post a Comment