Uhhhh... Little problem today... Somehow my entire folder of pictures from 2012 has gone missing. What the...? Good thing I backed it up!
Here's a great picture for Throwback Thursday, though:
Lynnette emailed this to us last week. Weren't we so beautiful?! This is Jennifer, me, Kimberly, and Lynnette, and that was a very happy Christmas indeed! I don't know if I remember the whole story right, but here's what I do remember: Just before Christmas we had a Peterson family get-together with a white elephant. I wanted the tutu, but I ended up with the toilet seat. My parents were so pleased. I cried. We never let kids in on white elephants again. But Aunt Elise (a dance instructor who had gifted the tutu in the first place) took pity on me, and we got these for Christmas. I was so excited! I assure you they were well-used and well-loved. We all spent a lot of time dancing in our tutus and tiaras over the next few years. I felt so beautiful! That tutu was one of my most prized possessions for a long time.
I remember there was one time that Lynnette wore her tutu to the big tree and ended up with ants stuck in it. They were all biting her. If I remember right Sister Brown came to her rescue, and if I further remember right, that's not the only time she saved us from ants there.
This has nothing to do with that picture, but Timmy keeps talking about a particular YouTube video about broccoli ice cream. I showed it to him twice today and he laughed and laughed. If you have little kiddos and haven't shown it to them yet, do it now! ;) This video is made by a group who has made quite a few kids' videos. We found out about them because Timmy LOVES the song "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." One night Jeremy was looking for a video of it on his iPad and found this version of it. It was pretty much love at first sight, even if the kid's pronunciation is a little funny. Timmy loves the star and owl, and since he's been learning about happy and sad he says, "Happy star. Sad owl." I guess the owl is sad because he doesn't smile like the owl. (?) We also like their version of Old McDonald and this cute little snowflake song. You're welcome. ;)
9 comments:
I love that the ice cream cone ornament is in the picture! :D I don't remember the story behind the tutus at all, but I DO remember the toilet seat...it was the padded, cushiony one, right? Why on earth weren't you pleased? Ha ha! :)
Good grief we're cute. And I loved that tutu so much there was no way you were taking it away from me, even if I was being eaten by ants.
I miss my little girls! They all grew up! SO CUTE!!!
Yes, after the Christmas Party Aunt Elise had you girls come to her house and each of you got a tutu! What a wonderful aunt!!!
It was Sarah Jean Gray who brought Lynnette home one of the times kicking and screaming because Sister Gray tried to take her tutu off! The ants were all over her and in the netting. Lynnette didn't care so much about the ants biting her, she didn't want her tutu off EVER!!!
I thought it was Sis. Brown too? Wait, that might've been when Lynnette wore my dress from Aunt Nancy Peterson (the one I'm wearing in the pics at Uncle Jared's homecoming). I was pretty bummed about that! Geez, Lynnette! Ha ha. Those tutus were fantastic though. I bet we danced around to Pink Panther hundreds of times in them. :)
Ha ha! Pink Panther! I do remember Sister Brown saving James frim the ants at least once too.
I remember we used to have a circle skirt. I'd put it on to dance, and I'd sit on the floor and spread it out all around me and then have somebody start the music for me. And then I'd get up slowly and dance. I thought it was the most dramatic, beautiful dance beginning ever.
Oh man, my dramatic, beautiful dance thing was what I referred to as the eagle pose. It doesn't resemble an eagle in the least and was basically running into a corner, posing with arms held heavenward, and then bringing them down and behind me while looking far into the distance. Yes. THE best move. Pretty sure I used it in every dance ever.
Man you guys are so fancy in your dance moves. Pretty sure at the talent show at the reunion these things need to be re-created. Minus me refusing to take off the tutu full of ants. Pink Panther definitely needs to happen!
PS I have no idea what dress you are talking about. What did I do?!
You went to the Big Tree in my beautiful dress and it got ants in it. And ripped. Rude! Ha ha
Post a Comment