Soooo....
I've been reading that book I just got printed, and I came across a post where I used this picture. The post talked all about how I was so much more selfish back in the days when we were just dating and when we got married. I know that I was just using this cute picture to have something cute to look at at the top of the blog post. I wasn't trying to be selfish. But it is kind of ironic, and it kind of makes me laugh at myself a bit. Not in a mean way. :) You know.
Anyway, I looked at this picture and smiled and remembered and then read the post and thought, "Now, wait a minute. Why didn't I comment on how cute this picture is? Why didn't I say how cute we were?! There are a million things I could say about this picture!" So maybe I'll say some of them now.
For starters, look at us! We were so cute! (I happen to think we're still kind of cute. :) ) I also could say that I loved it when he'd come up behind me and hold me like that. I felt (and still do feel) so safe when he holds me. I believe that that is a hymn book, some letters, and a hanger. I think I left that hanger at his parents' house one weekend, and he returned it. I was so obsessive in those days about remembering things that I actually put a piece of tape on that hanger so I could remember that was the one, and I thought of him every time I looked at it. I'm still a little obsessive, but not as much. ;)
I think this picture was taken in the spring just before Jeremy left for his mission. Those were some hard days for me, having him gone. It was a long, long two years. But still, if you ask me it was worth every minute. I waited for him on purpose, and I'm glad I did.
But most of all I want to say I'm thankful for the choice I made to marry Jeremy. I'm thankful for him and the sacrifices he makes for us. I'm thankful for the love we share. I'm thankful for how he makes me laugh every day and for how he laughs at my jokes - or just raises an eyebrow if they're not really that funny. ;) I'm thankful for the example he sets for all of us, for his firmness in the Gospel despite our many trials, and for the many times he has taken me to the Temple. I love how he helps me feel centered. If I'm feeling flustered or upset he listens to me. And sometimes all I need is for him to be there for me to remember that everything is ok and to bring my focus back to where it needs to be. I love that. I love him so much! I'm thankful that he chose me too, that he continues to choose me. I look forward to many more happy days with my Jeremy. :)

1 comment:
YES! You guys were and still are cute! And I'm grateful for you & Jeremy too! Grateful that you found each other, love & help each other, and sticking together through thick & thin! :)
Post a Comment