Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thoughts on Tuesday

Man! I woke up with a migraine and two little boys who desperately needed me. I couldn't even get medicine because these little guys couldn't let me get off the couch. Thank heavens they are feeling better and I was able to get this headache under control! For a while there I was pretty convinced I'd be running to the bathroom to throw up. Yeah, it is so much more enjoyable to take care of my little ones now that I'm feeling better.

Yesterday I went down to the valley to take Timmy to the dentist. Hyrum and Brom came too. I was glad for Hyrum's help so I could hold Timmy when he needed it. This time wasn't as hard on me as Jill's turn was because I knew better what to expect, but IV sedation still freaks me out. The anesthesiologist gives them a shot in the arm, and after crying for a minute or two they calm down and get a weird glazed look in their eyes and then all they want to do is look in my eyes. It is so disturbing! It's like the life was just sucked out of them and they aren't themselves anymore. But that way they don't notice when the monitors are hooked to them and the IV is inserted and stuff. The anesthesiologist stays and monitors them through the whole procedure, and then when it's over and the IV and everything is out and off they bring me to see my baby wake up. Jill was still sleeping long after I came in. Timmy was rolling around crying in true Timmy fashion. And he has the wrong teeth. It's sad to me. But he had a lot more work that needed done than Jill did.

You may have noticed that he had a LOT of decay on his front teeth. (NO MORE SIPPY CUPS! I am not getting one for Brom.) His back teeth weren't really better.  He didn't need any pulled, but he had multiple root canals. Poor baby. :( he has a lot of crowns. All the ones in the front are white (Thank heavens! That is a tender mercy!), but they don't look the same. For one thing, they remind me of Shirley Temple, and for another thing, he has no gap. Well, at least it is temporary. He will grow new ones in a few years. It will still take some getting used to. He came to ask me for ramen yesterday at lunch time, and when I came with him he smiled and giggled as usual, but he had the wrong smile! It was a tad bit heartbreaking. But you bet we are so very thankful that the hard part is over and that his teeth have been taken care of.

So yeah, yesterday was a hard time for Timmy, but he seems to feel better. I'm so glad! I am feeling quite blessed and thankful that it's done. I'd been dreading it for a long time.

2 comments:

Elynn said...

Wow, sorry you have to go through that! Now I'm even more grateful that our kids had good teeth!

Robert Badger said...

Oh that does not sound like fun! I'm glad he's OK now.