I often think that all I ever talk about on here is how I'm puzzling out this existence or how the two little ones are doing. I feel kind of bad for slowing down on documenting the others kiddos. I guess it is just that they aren't changing as fast. Well, today I'd like to talk about them.
Hyrum is a teenager! That fact still hasn't quite seemed like it could possibly be real yet. He has a wispy little mustache going on, and Jeremy wants to get him to shave it before Saturday's Temple celebration. Is that not nuts?! Hyrum says he'd rather just have a mustache. He has had a lot of fun having an MP3 player, and his earbuds are quite good. We have to go over and poke him to get his attention. But he loves being plugged in and bopping to music while he's on the computer.
Joshua has found two websites that are helping him learn to program websites. At first he was upset that Benji and Michael were doing it too, but he got over it. He hasn't been able to do scouts since January or so since they've been working on the Temple celebration. Joshua just recently got new pants because his old ones got a huge hole in the crotch. He insisted that these were the best fit, but they aren't. They fall down every time he stands up. Got to get that boy a belt!
Benji, of course, has a puppy. Said puppy cannot be dissuaded from pooping in Jill's room. We've tried and tried with odor eliminators so he doesn't smell and think that's where to go, but so far we haven't had much luck. Mostly he just does his bidness outside, though. Benji really loves that dog a lot, but he is often slow to take care of him. Silly boy. Ah, well. He is only 10, after all. Benji, like all the other children so far, loves to cook. He just learned to make omelettes, and he likes that pretty good. He puts in peppers and cheese.
Michael is really excited about his baptism. He liked getting the program ready. I noticed at one point that he wasn't picking anybody from out of town, so I suggested this or that person. But he said no, that he didn't want any of the guests to have to do any of that. I guess he's just trying to look out for people who have to travel. I thought it was funny that he didn't think the people in town are guests at the baptism. He he. Right now Michael is in his sleeping bag kneeling on that trampoline at the computer. Ha ha! He likes to play with the puzzles on there.
Jill is still her silly, girly self. She likes to wear skirts. She likes to be told that she looks pretty. Lately she often likes to disobey right after she is told no, and then she runs away crying when she gets in trouble. Silly girl. But she likes to give lots of kisses and tell me she loves me. She refers to me as "my mommy." She is also constantly climbing up in the window that looks into the kitchen from the living room and playing on the counter. (I definitely have a love/hate relationship with that window.) On the one hand that behavior helps me keep the counter cleaned off, but on the other hand, I'd rather clean it on my own schedule instead of just whenever Jill and Timmy feel like throwing everything off.
And there you go. :) That's what the others are up to.
1 comment:
I should have caught up on your blog BEFORE coming down to Michael's baptism. Then I would have noticed Hyrum's mustache and said something. :) It sure was good to be there with you guys! Thanks for everything!
Post a Comment